The first-in-the-nation Iowa caucus is just days away, and Iowans will have the choice of choosing from the following candidates:
- a double-talking insincere northeast liberal who created the model for Obamacare
- a gruff, gaffe-generator former Speaker with tremendous personal and political baggage
- a successful current governor torpedoing his campaign with gaffes and pandering
- an aging conspiracy theorist and isolationist with a history of bigotry
- a serially unfunny an unserious former western state governor and Obama employee
- a conspiracy theorist who seems to think foster care is preparation for the Presidency
- a former Senator blown out of his last race in his home state
Did I miss anyone?
The simple fact of the matter is that this freak show slate of candidates does not boast a single candidate of Presidential stature or vision.
Tell me, Iowans: Do you want to give a leg-up to the next loser? Or do you want to make a real statement?
I cannot think of a better time or way to reject the entire Republican slate of candidates than by writing in “none of the above” for the GOP nomination for President. Some are already nominating other candidates. I would argue that a much stronger message would be sent with a simple rejection of all of our current available choices.
We deserve better than this as a nation.
Write in “none of the above.”