Marines allegedly pee on dead Taliban. Life goes on.

Written By: Bob - Jan• 11•12

A YouTube video posted by someone calling themselves “semperfiLoneVoice” has a bunch of leftist pantywaists and their Islamist allies all in a tizzy. Why? According to the description by “semperfiLoneVoice”

scout sniper team 4 with 3rd battalion 2nd marines out of camp lejeune peeing on dead talibans. i thought marines were suppose to do the right thing when no one is watching.

You know what offends me most about this video? That “semperfiLoneVoice”  apparently didn’t pass eighth-grade English grammar.

The Taliban are vicious, ignorant, barbaric, sheep-humping savages that think nothing at all of raping, torturing, and mutilating even members of their own faith over imagined slights to their non-existent honor. They been known to take great delight in defiling the corpses of their victims to the horror of others as a primitive form of warning and/or celebration.

While I don’t condone the actions of these Marines – if this video does indeed check out as legitimate – I’m not going to get greatly bent out of shape about it, either. They’ve treated savages savagely. Big fat hairy deal. Hit them with the minor administrative in-company discipline such a poor decision warrants… put them on shit-burning duty, if that still exists.

This doesn’t warrant a federal case. Move on.

1. rumcrook says:

Apparently it does warrant afederal case, as mcrihno has decided to open his mouth on this.
    I’m with you they are unbelievable savages who we are allowed to kill but not be rude to.

2. Tarheel Repub says:

Come on Bob, you know there will be just as much outrage and moral indignation from the left over this video as their was over the photos from Abu Ghraib. Oh, wait. Bush isn’t President anymore. Never mind.

Tarheel Repub Out!

3. Sarah Rosser says:

It isn’t about left and right, Tarheel. It’s about our men and women in the armed forces using tactics such as these during war. It’s about those men being defiled and treated in such a manner that makes a person physically sick to read, much less watch. I’m from North Carolina, in fact, I work on one of the largest army bases in the country. It’s embarrassing to see what could potentially be our soldiers showing such disrespect to the deceased.

And Bob, since when is it our job to judge others and make them pay for what they’ve done? It was taken too far and if this video is legit, I hope they are punished to the highest extent. We do not live in an “eye for an eye” society and it’s childish to use the philosophy, “well they have done all these things so what we did was okay” or in your case, deserves a lesser punishment than what is warranted.

I’m not naive enough to think that this is the only outrageous act that has been committed over the last several years overseas. It’s just sad to think what else has been going on and what hasn’t surfaced yet.

• Sam says:

Sara, Have you seen someone kill your brother or best friend? If so, your ability to forgive these “humans” is immense and I applaud you. The fact of the matter is that these men (marines) are fighting for your everyday freedom, that you may or may not take for granted. We have continued to watch the Taliban do savage and unthinkable acts to the bodies of fallen men and women of our country, it seems naive to think that PTSD or other stress related emotions may not have instigated their actions. I do not condone the acts committed by these men, but I feel if you walked a mile in their boots, you may be a bit more sympathetic to the motivation for giving a lasting and final F you to the “men” responsible for the lives of brothers lost. Step out of your box and take a look at the reality around you.

• Molon Labe says:

Who the dead BGs are doesn’t really matter. Whether they were misguided “patriots” that just wanted us to leave (far more of the BGs than most civilians think) or religious fanatics with a whole collection of chopped necks to their credit, they still shouldn’t have been pissed on.
        Further, I have seen my friends, teammates and fellow Soldiers killed. Anger hardly begins to describe what I felt at the loss of each of them. But, I guarantee that any one of them would have spent some quality time haunting me if I had pissed on the bodies of one of the men that killed them. I promise you that. Why? Because we are men of honor.
        One guy pissing on a dead BG can be explained by PTSD. Four Marines doing it is a command climate issue and I assure you that, in addition to the four Marines, some of their supervisors are going to have to pay the fiddler too.
        Last, I’ve walked way more than a mile in their boots. If the video is accurate, they screwed up big time and no amount of highlighting the sins of the enemy can change that.
        We are Americans. We are better than this.

• McThag says:

Put a sternly worded reprimand in their Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal citation.

I think that puts it about where it should be in the pantie twisting hierarchy.

4. Molon Labe says:

If this video is legit, what the Marines did was completely unacceptable. Marines, Soldiers and other servicemembers don’t get paid to decide which laws they follow and which ones they ignore.

Their alleged actions violate General Order #1 and, therefore, are a violation of Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Now, many rules, regulations and laws in the military are arbitrary and/or stupid in the extreme. However, there’s a good reason why we don’t desecrate corpses.

Remember the outcry when SSG Cleveland’s body was drug through the streets of Mogadishu? How about Scott Helvenston, Jerry Zovko, Wesley Batalona and Michael Teague hung from the bridge in Fallujah? These sorts of things enrage the populace… and with good reason.

I don’t want to armchair quarterback these guys as I don’t know the entire situation. However, if they did indeed drop trou on some dead bad guys, they screwed up and they screwed up bigger than they probably realized at the time.

• louielouie says:

However, there’s a good reason why we don’t desecrate corpses.

since when?

this is bad because we can’t name the enemy. laws forbid it. we can’t hate the enemy. laws forbid it. this is not a shooting war. this is a PC/multicultural war.

its probably a good thing that most Marines didn’t have camcorders on Saipan.

• Molon Labe says:

Sure, we can name the enemy. In this case, it was probably the Taliban but it could have been any one of numerous other groups of BGs from the Trashcanistan AOR. There is no law against hating the enemy. It is a war involving many cultures but I would hesitate to call it a PC war.

This is hardly an atrocity but things like this happen on a somewhat regular basis in war. Most of the time, people aren’t stupid enough to film it.

I’m not talking out of my fourth point of contact here (rear end for those unfamiliar). I’m a 15 year Army veteran and, I assure you, if I found out that my guys were doing something like this, they would be manning the clearing barrels at the chow hall for the rest of the rotation.

5. NevadaSteve says:

What happened (if in fact it did happen and isn’t just a fake video) is wrong, but not unpardonable. The military should find out the facts and if this is a true video the people involved should be punished (with the minimum), then the incident forgotten. It won’t happen that way, the left will demand blood and will scream long after. Forget innocent until proven guilty – that’s only for those the left agrees with.

America’s military isn’t composed of saints but they should be given some leeway when they make a mistake but the leftists will never allow justice when they’re after retribution.

6. Tarheel Repub says:

Here is the reaciton from Florida Rep. Allen West:

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.”

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?”

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.”

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

7. rumcrook says:

exactly, war is hell. think about it like this some evil goblin such as the taliban is trying, has been trying or succeeded in— killing your daughter, your son 3,4 5, years old, your wife or girlfriend.

after your done killing this goblin do you think pissing on the barbarian goblin who only a shortime earlier was willing and capable of sawing an innocent human beings head off with a rusty dull blade is unpardonable?????

8. Dan Kauffman says:

All this outrage over a goldenshower and not a whisper about what snipers do to these scum, pop their heads like an exploded grape? I find the whole moral outrage sort of comical