Tam good-naturedly rips into a forum poster who had the temerity to ask people what their “ideal pistol” would be. I love her response (go read it), as I’m pretty much ambivalent about brand, and much more concerned with ergonomics, reliability, accuracy, concealablity, and ease of maintenance.
That allowed, I do have an idea of a perfect pistol package.
In my idea world of unicorns farting rainbow death rays, a perfect gun package would come from the factory with:
- the handgun itself in a “business” caliber
- 3 magazines for the “business” caliber barrel
- .22LR barrel of same weight/balance as “business” caliber
- 2 .22LR magazines with same capacity, loaded weight, and external dimensions of “business” magazines
- simple kydex paddle OTW holster
- kydex paddle mag carrier
- small field maintenance- grade pull-through cleaning kit
- a lockable hard case to hold it all
Yes, I know it is a pipe dream.
That allowed, if a manufacturer could deliver a handgun that just flat runs, and that comes with a factory .22LR conversion kit that makes it economical to train with and comes in at a street price of $999 or below, they could probably count on a comfortable retirement.
Also, I want a pony.