I just got done scanning through the 284 pages of documentation released today in the George Zimmerman case. I’ll go through it in more detail this evening, but several things stand out.
- Zimmerman never appreciably changes his story regarding the shooting, regardless of who he talks to
- Only the ALE officer and ex-GF show that a younger Zimmerman had a mild temper.
- The consensus opinion of anyone who knew Zimmerman in recent years is that he was quiet, conscientious, concerned about his community and even tempered
- No abuse of alcohol or drugs; even during social occasions only had a galls of wine, was never drunk
- There isn’t the first shred of racism in anything George Zimmerman has ever done
- No one who knows Zimmerman has ever heard him utter a racial slur
- Zimmerman apparently purchased a FN 5.7×28 pistol with three magazines after the Black Panthers put a bounty on his head. The gun was surrendered to authorities upon his arrest
- eyewitness testimony is all over the place, but several seem to agree someone roughly matching the description of the clothing Trayvon Martin was wearing was on top of someone roughly matching the clothing worn by George Zimmerman
- one witness was able to corroborate that the person on top had darker skin, and the person on bottom had lighter skin
- Three local gangs in Sanford use the name “Goons” in their gang name. Is that what Zimmerman said that some keep trying to claim was “coons?”
When all of the evidence released in this case so far (today’s documents, along with the prior discovery documentation released and the audio and video submitted into evidence, it becomes ever more clear that George Zimmerman didn’t have any attention of hurting anyone that night in February. At most, he was overzealous in attempting to follow Martin determine where he went when he ran away.
Once again, no evidence tarnishes Zimmerman’s contention that he was on his way back to his vehicle when attacked by Trayvon Martin, and that he was eventually forced to shoot Martin in self-defense.
George Zimmerman was guilty of being a good citizen, attempting to help his community and the responding police. Trayvon Martin, a misogynist drug-abusing teen according to his own social media who had been suspended from school three times, seem to have let his anger at begin followed get the better of him, and apparently committed felony battery which created the situation that ended in his life being terminated.
Now more than ever, the affidavit submitted to the court used to justify the arrest of Zimmerman on second degree murder charges appears to be almost fraudulent in it’s composition. There is simply no evidence whatsoever justifying the charging of George Zimmerman with any crime at all.
Angela Corey has much to answer for in bringing this travesty of a case to court.