Necro-pederast Harry Reid doubles down on Romney tax evasion claim

Written By: Bob - Aug• 02•12

When Harry Reid made the absurd claim that Mitt Romney has dodged paying his taxes for a decade according to an anonymous source, I thought he was a soulless political con artist walking right up to the line of slander.

Well, it seems dingy Harry is doubling down on the claim citing additional anonymous sources he just made up.

Earlier this week, Harry Reid revealed why Mitt Romney is refusing to release more tax returns: He didn’t pay taxes for an entire decade! It almost sounds too crazy to be true, and in fact, Reid is “not certain” that it isn’t a total lie. However, he is sure of one thing: “I am not basing this on some figment of my imagination,” Reid told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “I have had a number of people tell me that.” So we aren’t talking about just one anonymous Bain investor, but several people who have seemingly only shared this story with Reid.

In an interview with Nevada reporters on Wednesday, Reid refused to name his sources or back down on his accusation. “I don’t think the burden should be on me,” he said. “The burden should be on him. He’s the one I’ve alleged has not paid any taxes. Why didn’t he release his tax returns?”

Reid is now attempting to claim it is Romney’s responsibility to refute his charges, instead of Reid having to provide the vaguest support for his claims. You know how the law works: guilty until proven innocent. It’s the American way (just ask George Zimmerman, the ghost of Richard Jewell, and the Duke Lacrosse team).

I’m not sure if Reid came up with this construct on his own, or if it was the rotting corpse of one of the dead boys he molests nightly with that came up with this scheme, but I’m guessing it was one of the corpses… until Reid proves otherwise.

1. Rick Roberts says:

It’s called putting the pressure on. It’s despicable that Mitt will not release as many records as his father released. You know that, Bob.

• Col Bat Guano says:

That doesn’t excuse the Senate Majority Leader making willful false accusations that would get his worthless ass hauled into court on slander charges with malice aforethought if Romney were just a private citizen.

Harry Reid has been demeaning his office ever since he took it over. This is just the worse example yet.

2. Steven says:

A few points:

Rick: No, sorry – you are expressing an opinion, and one that is entirely one sided. Romney has release what he is REQUIRED to release. He has released far more than his opponent has released. While I am SO NOT a fan of “don’t excuse bad behavior with more bad behavior”, this is not the case.

The onus is on Reid to provide proof of his accusations. What’s happening here is nothing more than the grown up version of “you did something bad, and now PROVE you didn’t”.

Also, it is typical in politics, and a signature move of the Obama campaign to go after a person’s records – especially if they are “sealed”. I put sealed in scare quotes because apparently that word doesn’t mean what we think it means.

Reid is doing this , and the press is going along with it while at the same time they are NOT asking for numerous records of Pres. Obama.

Here’s the thing: let’s suppose Mitt gave up those records. Does ANYONE, no matter what your political persuasion, truly think that when they get them, and suppose they find NOTHING wrong, that they will not use the complexity of the records (and the general public’s short reading / attention span) to smear him with? He releases them and he’ll get hurt, he does not release them and they cry foul.

I am for BOTH candidates releasing school records, tax returns, previous work histories, etc – and letting US decide what they mean. Until then, I’m not going to care.

3. david7134 says:

They better be careful with this, 50% of Americans don’t pay tax, so they would be in the same boat as Mitt.

Romney’s best approach, act presidential. Ignore these people like a minor insect.

But Obama needs to release his records and possibly his arrest records as well.

4. captainfish says:

I like how Rick throws laws and juris-prudence out the window. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. However, liberals have for the last several decades undermined that. “its the seriousness of the charge that proves guilt”.

Romney should respond with, “If I’m being proven guilty by someone who legally has no right to know what they know, then I demand to know who is accusing me. And, until then, I leave it to the ever diligent and truth-seeking reporters here to make sure all truth is revealed before slurs and innuendos are aired.”

5. Yankee Bruce says:

Question: How is it that someone at Bain knows what is in Mitt Romney’s tax return?

I am sure Mitt uses his own accountants to prepare his tax return. My guess is that someone who sees the dividends being dispersed noted that there was no with-holding in Romney’s checks. Mitt would be making regular estimated tax payments either monthly or quarterly, and then reconciling it all with the annual return.

I think the response should be that what is in the Romney tax return is strictly between himself, his tax preparer, and the IRS. If there is an issue, it is up to the IRS to resolve it.