Name them. Shame them.

Written By: Bob - Aug• 29•12

I don’t care who these jerks are. I suspect that if I ever caught someone doing this, I’d be leaving in handcuffs and the remains of the racist bastards would have to be cleaned up with a mop.

The Republican Party is responding to an incident yesterday in which two attendees at the GOP’s Tampa convention threw nuts at a female African-American CNN camera operator and said, “This is how we feed animals”. The RNC released a statement today which reads: “Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated”. Several people reportedly witnessed the exchange which was first tweeted by David Shuster and confirmed by Talking Points Memo (TPM). RNC security and police removed the two people from the Tampa Bay Times Forum. No word yet on their identities.

I’m assuming these were delegates, and not a false-flag operation by Democratic plants.

The Republican National Committee is morally obligated to name the two individuals responsible for this heinous treatment of the CNN camerawoman. These racists deserved to be publicly named, shamed, and driven out of any role they have with the Republican Party. God may have mercy upon them; my compassion belongs to the woman merely trying to do her job.

1. jcrue says:

sounds like they were at the wrong convention….

2. Junk Science Skeptic says:

Can’t help but think the folks in question were akin to the “Republican Women For Obama” fakes. Credentials get left sitting around all the time, and there’s hundreds of DNC monkey-wrenchers and Moby types in Tampa just waiting for this sort of opportunity.

You don’t pick a fight with a network that buys its audience by the airport-full, and you certainly don’t do it with somebody holding a video camera. Maybe go after a network with no audience like MSNBC.

Until somebody credible identifies the perps as genuine GOP delegates, I’d consider this a Moby attack.

3. Orion says:

I think you’re misinterpreting their comments – they weren’t calling her an animal because of her gender, nor her race but because of her profession.

Reporters have shown themselves to be the Democrat’s trained seals, barking on command and performing whatever tricks are required.

4. Jprs says:

I was thinking the comments were because they worked for CNN also. If this was the case they really need some situational awareness of how their actions will be perceived.

Would like to hear more about it though.

5. cnc says:

Where’s the video? The women was a camera operator and no camera? Who was the women? Who else saw this happen? This sounds like Clyburn & Jesse Jackson Jr. walking through the tea party gathering after the Obamacare vote!

6. Georg Felis says:

“CNN claims”…Hm, that’s normally where I quit listening anyway.

Which of these two is more credible:
    1) Sweet innocent CNN camera crew trying nothing more than to get unbiased footage for their network is assaulted by racist thugs in the convention center.
    2) Annoying CNN camera crew who decides after spending all morning stomping on toes and ramming their camera up the noses of “the 1%” that a peanut shell thrown in their direction is worthy of front page news treatment.

7. david7134 says:

Why do you jump to a presumption of racist behavior? They could have been referencing the fact that the media have been acting like sharks or tigers in trying to tear apart the RNC. I am sorry, my first impression had nothing to do with race, maybe we all need to put on color blinders and forget about racism. In my view (from the South), racism that was once practiced in the US came from the government, they did build it. It started in all placed in the North prior to the War of Northern Aggression. It was then implanted in the South with reconstruction. It was abolished in the 60’s and does not exist now. So get off the topic.