Drudge is loving this. The simple fact of the matter is that Barack Obama has never faced significant scrutiny, and when he is asked simple, logical and non-scripted questions, he collapses like a tax-payer-funded green energy company.
It didn’t take long to catch Obama making outright, demonstrable lies. Pressed about Operation Fast and Furious (which began in 2009), Obama once again attempted to blame his predecessor:
“Well, first of all, I think it’s important to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program, begun under the previous administration,” Obama said. “When Eric Holder found out about it, he discontinued it. We assigned an inspector general to do a thorough report that was just issued — confirming that in fact Eric Holder did not know about this, that he took prompt action and that the people who did initiate this were held accountable. But, what I think is most important is recognizing that we’ve got a challenge in terms of weapons flowing south, and the strategy that was pursued out of Arizona, obviously, was completely wrongheaded. Those folks who were responsible have been held accountable. The question now is, how do we move forward with a strategy that will actually work?”
Let’s count the lies.
- Operation Fast and Furious occurred entirely within the Obama Administration, under Attorney General Eric Holder.
- There is no evidence at all suggesting Fast and Furious ended because AG Holder found out about it. Fast and Furious ended when bloggers Mike Vanderboegh and David Codrea nailed the Administration’s ass to the wall for walking the weapons used to murder Brian Terry.
- The Inspector General’s report—which I have read in full—did not remotely absolve Holder of Fast and Furious, and conspicuously avoided the issue of whether he committed perjury.
- None of the people publicly named as being responsible for Fast and Furious have been fired. Several have resigned. More have been promoted.
- Far from taking “prompt action,” Holder has continually stonewalled Congress and continues to provided the documentation requested by the Congressional oversight committee.
- Obama himself extended “executive privilege” to cover up White House involvement, and has forbidden the White House staffer who was in direct contact with the ATF field officers from testifying.
You’ll face far better odds winning at PartyBingo.com than you will getting a truthful, honest reaction out of Barack Obama when it comes to the many failures of his Presidency. At least in bingo, the game isn’t rigged.