A bad few days for the shooting culture

Written By: Bob - Jan• 07•13

John Noveske died in a car crash this past Friday. Noveske Rifleworks is one of the premier developers of the AR-15 platform, and while the company will go on, John’s talent will be missed.

Separately, Keith Ratliff, manager of the phenomenally popular FPS Russia YouTube channel, was found shot to death in Kentucky. His death is being treated as a homicide.

My condolences go out to the friends and families of Mr. Noveske and Mr. Ratliff.

1. Divemedic says:

I wonder if he was “Vince Fostered?”

2. thebronze says:

I’ll bet it has something to do with all the stupid sh*t that FPSR does. Stuff that endangers bystanders.

3. KWS says:

This is too weird. I think they were offed. “Vince Fostered” is a good term. The chances of two such men dying in the same weekend are too remote.

• Joel C says:

Remote chances happen now and then. That’s why they are called “remote”, rather than impossible. When statistically unlikely events occur they always draw the attention of interested people (us, in this case)and it is very easy to “see” conspiracies.

So I’m with the wait and see crowd. That said, it doesn’t hurt to keep a watch on your six.

4. Will says:

Chekists.

5. Tim says:

It seems like the gun-grabbing left are taking their shots at prominent people in the pro-gun community and I interpret this as an enemy move to try to provoke a response, which they will then pounce upon to further justify their gun-grabbing agenda.

Seeing this and understanding what the enemy is up to is one thing. But, the question has to be asked – how long can or should our side continue to take casualties and just absorb them, without initiating a counter response?

If we continue to sit on our hands, whining on the internet about these assassinations – and never getting ANY mainstream media sympathy or coverage of these clearly left-wing, gun grabbing, George Soros cheered murders – they will only increase ten-fold.

Anyone who still hasn’t read: The Brigade by Harold Covington?

Good ideas lurk therein, folks.

• 1911A1 says:

I’m not willing to don the tin foil just yet, but I do think these “coincidences” merit continued scrutiny. Would they? Hell yes they would. How many drone powered “hits” has G-Daddy Obammy personally ordered? Did they? Future events will answer that question in short order.

In the mean time, Joel’s right: Cover your six. Stay suspicious, you’ll live longer.

6. Bill says:

Eh. “I believe in coincidence, I just don’t trust it.”

Just think of how wonderful it is to have anyone who can compromise you in any way, no matter how obscene you behave, come down with anything from the cankles, to moral turpitude, or even a mild case of death.

7. Chris says:

Hey all,
    All i will say is Mr. Noveske was not wearing a seat belt when he met his demise. It was posted in his local paper from the State Police that he was ejected from his vehicle. Free Will and all that. I certainly don’t condemn him for making that choice. Prayers for his family. I don’t believe he was done in by anything other than the choice he made that day. Keep your powder dry.

CIII