Garrison: If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

Written By: Bob - Jan• 05•13

Blogger Dean Garrison provides a well-reasoned and impassioned argument for defending the liberty of this Republic with all necessary lethal force against those who would undermine both the Constitution and natural rights.

We are a constitutional republic, not a democracy, and we do not bow to mob rule, even if the mob are wearing $1,000 suits.

[Note: Broken link fixed]

1. Bill says:

I like Mr. Owens sheepdog analogy, but I think there’s another good one that might get peoples heads removed from a moist lower region.

Gun owners are not your enemy.

We are the antibodies in your immune system. We take on parts of the virus to make ourselves compatible with the body and to protect it.

We are the herd immunity from the pandemic that is Tyranny.

The hysteria of gun grabbers is similar to the people who think vaccines cause autism and refuse to immunize their kids and jeapordize us all.

• Jean says:

I like the analogy, but I think the immunization comment – while OK in terms of the hysteria – may be wrong.
      Injecting mercury products into an infant seems a litle stupid regardless of the thimerrizol question WRT Autism, for example. then there’s the meningitis one on The Daily Sheeple, too…
      More like the hysteria during solar eclipses, I think. ;-)

2. iconoclast says:

I enjoyed the post and would only suggest one change when reflecting upon it: change “kill” to “stop”.

My goal is not to kill people trying to deny me the basic human right to self-defense. My goal would be to stop them by any means necessary. Since it is almost a certainty that the majority of men and women dispatched to confiscate our arms are those who are likely most sympathetic to the need for self-defense–whether against a criminal, a gang of criminals, a mob, or an abusive government–calling for their deaths bothers me more than a little.

• If they are acting to crush our liberty, they are just as guilty as those who give them their orders.
      Germans were hung after WWII for “just following orders.”
      Any official or agent of the government who follows illegal orders is a traitor who has violated their oath to protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. By failing to stop the domestic enemies who would steal our rights, they have joined them, become our enemies, and they deserve what they get.
      You don’t just “stop” a rabid dog, yiu put it down so it can’t rise back up to attack you or others again.

3. twolaneflash says:

Yes. I took an oath over 40 years ago to protect and defend The Constitution of The United Stated of America from ALL enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. I will shoot to kill any government representative attempting to take by force the weapons essential to preserving my 2nd Amendment, and all other, rights. I will defend my family, my life, and my property with deadly force regardless of what uniform you’re wearing or what shiny object you have on your chest to validate your power over me. There are worse things than revolution and death, tyranny being at the top of the list, which is where America has long been headed. We’re almost there.

4. Catseye says:

I tend to think Sarajevo and Grozny would be best case scenarios, I think it would get very ugly very fast. to paraphrase the line from the movie “Red Dawn” there will be alot of people waking up with their throats cut.

5. John Cunningham says:

Molon Labe, Senator Twatstein and Senator Upchuck Shumer. remember what the great Russian author wrote–

what Solzhenitsyn thought about self-defense–
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

6. Catseye says:

Old English saying-”Treason doth never prosper, whats the reason, for if it prosper none dare call it Treason”.

7. Napalm561 says:

I am a Police Officer. Several other officers and I have recently had a discussion about “gun confiscation”. We ALL agree that we will NOT disarm law-abiding citizens. Do not worry about legitimate LEO attempting to remove your weapons.

I’m confident that most LEOs and rank-and-file members of the military will mean to ignore the order to confiscate, but if your peers start getting shot down during confiscation raids on citizens, are you really so confident that an “us versus them” attitude won’t prevail? We already see that in some larger law enforcement agencies that have a certain amount of disdain for the citizenry. We’d all like to think “it can’t happen here,” but it has before, and easily could again.

• johnny says:

I hope you are right Napalm, I too have been a LEO. I hope we do not have anymore incidents like Danziger Bridge where NOLA PD shot unarmed people walking over the bridge to find groceries. PD went to jail, two citizens went to the grave, and 4 to the hospital.

No Danziger Bridges…..

8. Rob in Katy says:

Do not fight them, it will only get your wife and children killed. Give them one of the guns you did not hide and the get the word out ASAP. You cannot take on JackBoots in full armor, you can fight a guerrilla war with 50 million others. The traitors cannot hide forever – the will want to poke their heads out and bask in their glory. That is when you beg and plead for your stuff back or not.

9. bogbeagle says:

Another good blogger, StormCloudsGathering, has just posted this very forthright video.

Calls for military’ rebellion and arrest of Government criminals.