Let it begin here

Written By: Bob - Jan• 07•13

Easing into my 40s, I’m finally starting to understand the urgency of time, and the appeal of leaving a lasting legacy. What will I leave behind to my daughters, and my nieces and nephews? What can I do for my grandchildren before they’re even born, so that they have an opportunity for a life as blessed as mine has been? What is worth building, protecting, and passing on?

I, for one, cannot stand the thought of bowing my head for decades more, only to look back from the twilight of my life at my gathered children and grandchildren, knowing that I failed to act to protect their most precious liberty.

Then it struck me; do I love my children any less now, that I would not sacrifice all that I am for them at this moment, if that is what liberty demands?

Politicians in Illinois, New York, and Washington, DC are incapable of grasping the true meaning of that word, sacrifice.

To them, “sacrifice” is what someone else must give up in order for them to have their way. At best, “sacrifice” to them is having to delay their desires, of having to steal away what they would take from us in partial-measures, buried in massive bills that we have to pass to find out whats in them.

010713

Word has come down in recent days that the President of the United States may attempt to gut the Second Amendment via an executive order, reclassifying popular self-loading firearms as Title II weapons the same as hand grenades, rocket launchers, and crew-served machine guns. In doing so, he would force you to register your firearms with the Federal government, pay a draconian tax for merely keeping what you already own, and shred your right to privacy, allowing the federal government into your home unannounced to “check up” on or confiscate your guns at any moment they see fit.

From NFA ’34, to GCA ’68, to FOPA ’86, and the ’94 Crime Bill, the federal government has chipped away at the rights of gun owners in the name of “public safety.” Tellingly, the safety they’ve sought to protect in each and every one of those laws has been their own, attempting to defang the people so that when the people finally realize they have been cornered by their would-be masters, they have nothing left with which to strike back in their own defense.

Not one step more. That is what I pledge to my children.

I will accept no executive orders that reclassifies the most common and popular sporting rifle in America into a de facto “machine gun” just because a narcissist son of a drunken communist claims it is his right to do so.

I will not accept a ban on any firearms, or magazines from a self-absorbed Congress or any other imagined superior.

I will not give up one more cartridge, one more inch, or one more right so that statists in either party can constrict our liberties yet again in the false claim of safety, a claim that only serves their desire for absolute power without consequence.

Captain John Parker was a veteran of the French and Indian War when he ordered his troops of the Lexington Militia—not Minutemen, mind you, but the normal regular militia—to muster on Lexington Green. Parker was dying of advanced tuberculosis; he’d be dead within six months. His orders to his men as he faced 700 approaching regulars with less than 70 men are recorded for posterity. “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”

I can chart the path forward for no other man, but I will contest to their last breaths the desires of petty tyrants and their co-conspirators if they cross this red line that determines that the soap box, ballot box, and jury box have failed, and that the cartridge box is our last resort.

I will go to my death if this time comes to pass, orphaning and widowing those I hold most dear. For that I am truly regretful, just as I regret the lives I must attempt to cut short so that my children will breathe free. I know that in my sights will be another mother’s son or daughter, likely with children of their own. But they will have made their choice of whom to serve, and I have made mine.

There is no desire for bloodshed in my heart, but if they want a war, let it begin here.

1. A says:

I don’t think everyone is buying firearms and ammo right now so they can just let Fisenstein & Co confiscate them. Bob, if I may I would like to refer people also to the Matt Braken essay who expands on many of these issues as well:

Bracken: Dear Mr. Security Agent

2. RobbieC says:

Bob, this old Army Veteran still holds dear the oath to support and defend the Constitution.

I have already taken the same pledge as you have verbalized here; I do not want or seek war against my Government, but I will not be made a slave to them, and I will not forfeit my God-given right to defend myself and my family from tyranny.

• I am IN. Not one more inch!
      Sgt Matthew Murray, Plainfield Police, Indiana
      Owner. URBAN-ERT SLINGS, LLC.

We swore an oath! An oath I will die for!

• Jedbo says:

Outstanding Sergeant Matthews. As a civilian I will do all I can to watch the backs of Officers such as yourself and to stand with you against all those who would oppose your courage. A a LEO, unfortunately, you will be asked to do the bidding of TPTB…If you show up to my house, as a countryman, I will surely give you quarter.

• Eagle II says:

“An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject.”
      Anon.

The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
      George Mason
      Co-author of the Second Amendment
      during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

“Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
      George Washington
      First President of the United States

“The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … ”
      Thomas Jefferson
      letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
      Thomas Jefferson
      Third President of the United States

“The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.”
      Malcolm Wallop
      former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

3. HempRopeAndStreetlight says:

…rattles his tail….

No further. Not one inch will I yield to these bastards. Not one damn inch.

4. JypseaRose says:

….assumes coiled position…

Not one inch more.

• StukaPilot says:

Locked and loaded. But I think we have a little time yet. Republicrats/NRA still have to run through their faux opposition drill. Then Soros/Obama/Holder will arrange another false-flag massacre, leading to passage of Feindstein’s gun-grab bill. Maybe 60-90 days. Plenty of time for the Ponziconomy to crash too, which is, of course, what’s behind the gun grab: once the Stalinists can no longer buy consent with debt-financed goodies, they have no choice but naked coercion. We, on the other hand, have a choice: Liberty or Death.

5. iconoclast says:

If this passes patriots will need to find and hack the database and servers so that no record is trustworthy. Given that access to the database will be broad in order to enforce such a tyrannical order, gaining access should be possible. Better, though, to hack the server and work to corrupt backups as well.

6. Timothy Murray says:

I am in.

7. bogbeagle says:

From England … I’m in.

• bogbeagle says:

…if you’ll have me, that is.

• david7134 says:

You can take Morgan back. That would be a help.

• Rod Miller-Boyer says:

Dude! There’s some sort of karmic equilibrium in the ancestor (presumably?) of a Red Coat asking if he can help liberate us from our imperial overlords in D.C. (or Brussels, or wherever the hell war criminals hang out these days).

Anyway, as far as this 5th generation “Yank” is concerned, you’re “in like Flynn” (see here, if not familiar with the reference — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_like_Flynn).

• Erik from Seattle says:

Bob, I’d be proud to call your neighbor and if you’ll stand up for Liberty, here or anywhere, there’s no truer “American.”

8. The Young Kepler says:

Bob as a man in my early 20s it gives me hope to know there are people like you out there, I truly feel that the generation before me is too pacified, and cowardly to stand up for anything, I doubt they even understand the principles in the Declaration of Independence.

I miss your old blog, the name and template is the reason I kept coming back, this one has the same great knowledge but it’s not as flashy! I loved the name of your old blog, I wish you guys could have a reunion every once and again. I’ve been reading your blogs since I was 18 (23 now) and I just want you to know you have been a major factor in my development in becoming knowledgeable, thank you Bob and God bless.

• Jean says:

Young Keplar,
      It’s actually an “age” thing, to be honest.
      I have had similar discussions with my father, in our rare talks (long story, OT).

He is not about 70, I’m 37; my blood still boils, but where he USED to rage about things – to me, seemingly just to rage – now he wants to preserve the (markedly WORSE) status quo. He doesn’t grasp, for example, that I EARN more than he did – But live a POORER life, as I’m taxed more, and have mroe expenses. And some things I could drop – like cable TV – but other, like cell service with data, I can’t, as I’m in IT… On call 24/7, basically.

There are a lot of cowards out there. In fact, the recet Mel Gibson “The Patriot” is about a coward, of a sort – a man who was willing to do NOTHING BUT WATCH, until it got personal. THEN he suddenly is a “Patriot.” (Actually, he’s out for revenge, nothing more – but that inconvenient truth was concealed throughoput the publicity.)

For comparison, my grandfather at 70 would still stand his ground and beat down anyone who challenged him – or at least try. ;-) My father apparrently is satisfied, complacent.

Check around – lots of men lose their testicoli as they get old, and it’s not just the hormones. “Old” can apply at 18…

9. Chief661 says:

Bob. Thank you for writing this piece. I feel the same and I hope you won’t mind if I use parts of it for a letter to Senator Feinstein.

Thanks,
    Mike

“When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security……

11. Col Bat Guano says:

Hi Bob,

I fear you may be right.

12. david7134 says:

I feel that wether Obama goes for guns or not, we have gone too far down the road for the country to recover and for us to retain our wealth and security. Efforts should be made to begin a transformation. This would have to be outside of the election process as it is clear that that process has been corrupted and is no longer working. In essence we vote for either one of two progressive parties. One wants to take our wealth and control the process of government in a communistic manner. The other wants to control our moral lives and dictate how we conduct our personal lives. Both do not want to eliminate the influence of government and thus are restricting freedom, growth, and improvement in our well-being. Enough is enough.

We don’t need to take to the streets with weapons. That would be what they want. What we need to do is to organize. A large group of people who want the return of our country to something resembling pre-1860 concepts or the seperation of states from the empire would be a force to contend with that would be far greater than a disorganized group trying to baracade the streets. There are organizations already doing this on a small scale. We need to begin getting the message out and developing an infrastructure of support.

• Jean says:

Actually, you should have BOTH groups. The peaceful ones will cover for the violent, unintentionally (and the violent should NEVER use the peaceful as cover, that’s counter-productive. Let the tyrants abuse the peaceful, as they will assign the blame for everything to the peaceful as if the peaceful were militant anyway.)

The peaceful “front” would work within the system (which I feel is a lost cause, but best of luck to you.)
      The violent group would destroy the ability of the government to wage war on us. How would be up to the rag-tag misfits, if you will. Some would eb kind, some might be vicious, but collectively, they could make it possible to pursue a solution from a position of power, instead of weakness.

• Tenoha says:

How do we organize, we are ready!

• Kunkmiester says:

Locally. Separate from the Repubs, the party is broken and useless. Start a new party, pull people in, demand official answers from the county/city councils and the police chief/sheriff concerning their actions at this juncture, making clear the answers will have political career ramifications, and you have the voice to enforce it at the local ballot box.

This political organization also serves to help Jean’s irregulars meet and organize and coordinate their actions with the peaceful side.

The main goal is to build a local autonomous zone in which the feds cannot operate freely, and encourage charity and community organization to ensure no one goes hungry and discourage reckless vigilantism.

• StukaPilot says:

Very simple. When the next Ruby Ridge/Waco occurs – fr’instance, Ann Barnhardt’s house – put (loaded) weapons/ammo in car. Turn ignition key. Go there. Same as it was at Lexington Geen.

13. The Duck says:

Lets Roll
    I may no longer be a Minute Man, but I can be ready and out the door in under 5
    We may see our Lexington Square soon enough

• Erik from Seattle says:

Thanks, The Duck. This is exactly the project that is my priority and I hope is the priority of many of us. If I believe I may have to fight — well, time to let the pistol belt out a notch to be sure I can get it on, and work on the PT so I can take that notch back in! Skip the football game or whatever, get to the range and check my zeroes, be sure my first aid kit is up to date and that there’s fresh water in the canteens.
      Remember that you can contribute with logistics and so much else! If you have a big camping set up, well then you can be a field kitchen or mobile hospital. If you are an equipment operator or carpenter then you can be a combat engineer. Don’t limit your vision of contribution to “rifleman.”

14. Bill says:

Once is accident, twice is coincidence, and three times is enemy action.

They *want* this.

I’m horrified.

• HempRopeAndStreetlight says:

They think they do. What they “want” won’t in any way resemble what they “Get” if they keep pushing.

The reason we the people are so reluctant, have let ourselves be shoved so far, is that, unlike these bastards in Washington D.C., we UNDERSTAND how awful war is – we harbor no fictionalized notions of what a Civil War shall bring in it’s wake. They seek it because they are ignorant of it’s cost and results.

The coming storm will be like nothing our “betters” are expecting. Their plains will be *destroyed* and so will this nation. We hope against all odds and common sense that they somehow are stopped before it comes to blows. We prepare our kit in case they are so stupid as to stomp the rattlesnake.

Pray and hope for the best.

Prepare for the worse.

• JypseaRose says:

THIS. ⬆

• RegT says:

I believe that some of the elite _do_ know what this will entail. However, they think they will be protected from the results, able to watch it unfold from on high, untouched by the violence. Violence which they plan to use to bring about their Marxist State. (Just as they tried to advance their gun control agenda with Fast and Furious, without regard for the deaths they caused.)

It will be up to those of us who are capable to disabuse them of that notion. To “reach out and touch someone” – someone standing next to them, if we cannot immediately reach our desired target. Nonetheless, we do need to target the elite responsible for bringing this to pass.

Hopefully, those promising “100 heads” will actually have the skill and motivation to make good on that promise, while others of us act more locally in places far from where most of the elite congregate.

15. emdfl says:

Just be certain to take a nice load of sideboys with you if you have to go to your death over this…

16. Chief661 says:

IMO it is not a matter of if they will come for our guns, it is a matter of when. I don’t believe the “ruling class” cares one whit if we Freedom loving types live or die as long as they can maintain control and keep their perks. The federal, state and local LEO’s are prepared for this and will act when ordered to do so. I do wonder whether our military, of which I was a part many years ago, will follow orders and kill to disarm American citizens who take the 2nd Amendment to heart. I hope not but I have no illusions they will not, given that their senior commanders, the ring knockers, are politicians at their core.
    Once the Marxist in the WH signs the E.O. the media will demonize those of us who don’t immediately surrender or register our firearms, they will call us racist and crazy “gun nuts”. The issue then becomes, as individuals, what are we willing to do to retain those weapons once they are classified as illegal. The various Stasi wannabe agencies will search their purchase records, identify and locate who has what and make the move to take them. Hell in CA they already know those who have handguns. If you don’t comply I think they will they will arrest you and the feds will make an example out of the first few to instill fear in the remainder of us. They may come in SWAT raids similar to the one in which PD murdered Jose Guerena in Yuma, AZ. I have asked myself what is it that I am willing to do to remain armed and free. I can tell you that the fear I feel is palpable; both for my family and I, and for my friends. As a result, I don’t sleep well these days.
    We are paying the price for political correctness, affirmative action and dereliction of our duty to mind those whom we allow to teach our children and those we sent to Washington and our State capitals.
    It is beyond the time to say I will not give one more inch, I will not accept a ban of, and/or a restriction, on ANY of my firearms or ammunition all of which was legally purchased. My real fear is for the family members who will survive me.

17. Catseye says:

An EO to register your weapons is an illegal order and should be treated as such.

18. Clark Thompson says:

The enemy is not at the gate he,s through the door with the traitors behind him I may be old but I can still shoot the ass off a gnat at 300 meters

19. A047 says:

Going to be a crazy year.

20. JDS says:

I think I’m with you too. Godspeed all of us.

21. notamobster says:

Precare pacem et para bellum. Pray for peace, and prepare for war. Faith in God, but lock your doors.

“A Prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it”. Proverbs 22:3

“The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord” Proverbs 21:31

“…and with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other, our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.” Dear God, may it never come to it, but if this fight MUST be had, let it begin here.

22. Kansas Gman says:

Any politician that votes for or signs an order for confiscation should be required to personally participate in such efforts.

• Jean says:

And the order must be publically visible (I believe they are), so we can find them and hunt them down. ALL of them.

23. Molaki says:

Most of us are just remaining quiet, preparing our “inventory”. I too have a palpable fear of what is coming but, my prior oath to the constitution remains valid and strong and I will protect my rights as given by God. Many of us will be in the “woods” many days before the door-to-door knocking begins…..the LEOs, government workers and military who comply with illegal orders will be attrited through sniping and ambush. They should know that fighting an insurgency is a losing proposition.

24. citizen says:

If the Rubicon is crossed, I’m with you. God help us all.

25. sootsme says:

“Hang on, Lads, it gets a bit bumpy from here…”, Scotty in Star Trek.

26. Yessir. I ain’t happy about it, but I got that half-grin and a gleam in my eye.

27. Cole says:

Agreed. No new infringements. If they cross that Rubicon, it means war.

28. Klingonwork says:

I agree with Cole…if whatever government is in place now crosses the Rubicon, we go to war. Here in LA there are so many more defenders of the Constitution than this government realizes. I have good friends in law enforcement and most if not all are Oathkeepers. They will NOT get my weapons. Americans, we have had enough. Molon Labe!

29. lizjimbo says:

So where does a storm gather?

30. Hillard Foster says:

I Took an Oath to protect the Constittuion, along time ago. I have you by a few years.
    If they want a war, So Be It. We will give them all they want and more.
    I will not give 1 inch.
    I will not comply.
    I will resist.
    So help me God.

I have been quoting Captain Parker for a while. He is an outstanding example of a Patriot.

31. CB says:

“Not one step more. That is what I pledge to my children.”
    (and grandchildren)
    Oath 1967.
    I’m in.

32. Klingonwork says:

How many of us are willing to take that first step? What will YOU do when that knock comes to your door? Are you willing to act right then and there? We can bluster, pontificate, and show all the bravado the anonymnity of the web will allow us here on this blog…but when the rubber meets the road..what will you do? What will you do when you see your neighbor’s weapons be taken? Will you defend him/her? WHAT WILL YOU DO? Will you remain silent as in the 1930′s?

I am with Bob…recently I learned I am a new grampa soon. What kind of freedom do I want my new grandson to have?…all of it. He will make his own decisions to rise or fall, succeed or fail…but the decision and consequences will be his and his alone.

“Not one more inch” is our rallying cry.

Molon Labe.

33. Chief661 says:

Molokai, I wish I could but I can’t head out to the woods; my wife and I are in our 60′s and too old and we don’t have anywhere to go. I have a small travel trailer and a pickup but we wouldn’t get far I am sure before they stopped us. I also know that I will not have the chance to retire and move back to rural PA before this comes down so I will still be at my current residence when the LEO’s kick down the door to take my weapons. What will I do when the SWAT team is forming at my front and back doors? I would like to think that as I did when I was a volunteer firefighter facing an entry to a working structure fire; that I will follow my training and have the guts to back up my words with actions. I pray this won’t happen, but I am prepared physically and I am preparing mentally for the eventuality. As my former military branch motto says, Semper Paratus. May God help us all.

34. Silent Masses says:

Bob,
    Rest assured that for every voice you hear in agreement there are a thousand that nod in agreement in the silent
    masses thru out the Heartland, from Texas straight up to
    the Canadian border. Fly over country is true to the Red, White, and Blue and the Republic for which it stands. The
    Marxists/liberals will never understand this. Duty, Honor
    and Sacrifice are concepts they will never understand.

35. RegT says:

I too am in my 60′s, but can still reach out to 600 yards (thank goodness for quality scopes).

But – the PTB may well have other plans than door-to-door confiscations which would put their storm troopers at risk. As Mark Spungin wrote in his book, Neither Predator Nor Prey, I think we will see checkpoints first, along with warrants issued for any of us who have BATF 4473′s on file from store- bought firearms that weren’t turned in, with vehicle stops secondary to those warrants. This will happen first in the Blue states where the progressives have a firmer control of their LEO minions, where local law enforcement is perfectly happy to work in VIPR teams with Air Marshals and other Federal agents to deprive American citizens of their rights and their property.

A number of us will be made examples of, to try to force those of us with wives and children into complying. That is when heads need to be taken. We can start by targeting infrastructure – vehicles, equipment, transformers on poles that supply LEO facilities and “Fusion Centers”, to see if that will discourage local forces from participating. When it becomes time for more direct action, it will likely prove desirable to target state and local politicians, media people supporting this tyranny, and whoever else assists in the implementation of any attempt to disarm and/or detain us.

Hopefully, at that time, we would see some Unintended Consequences befall some of the DC crowd who feel it is desirable to make slaves out of us “peons”. Perhaps if Congress finds itself needing enough “midterm elections”, and the bureaucracies such as DOJ, EPA, etc, find themselves needing to advertise to replace their losses, we might see some real “change”. If the PTB cannot get their underlings to do their bidding, for fear of their lives, it might be as effective as would taking them out, which may be beyond our abilities at this time.

• Jean says:

It IS beyond our abilities to end ALL the elites… but their families, not so much, and then them, as well.
      They are attacking our families directly. “Do unto others as they have done unto you,” may be sacriligious; it is not “wrong.” (Incorrect. Morality is left to the viewer.)

36. Sky Soldier 11th AAD says:

Deport Piers Morgan, NOW! What right does this socialist Brit have to get on American TV and spout his personal opinions on our 2nd Amendment Right to bear arms? Also, if you haven’t noticed, why are there so many Brits on American TV recently…TV reality shows, News bureaus (even Fox News)? Has America given up the ghost?

• Jean says:

Well, there’s a theory that the only reason we have a President is that the common man of 1776 couldn’t see life without a King or monarch of some kind… So the President was to keep the little people from rebelling again.

But the news media has a love of celebrity, and the Nobility present a great chance for celebrity – though, as I’m sure some here will recall, the only reason they are Noble is because they TOOK that power – at the point of a sword.

37. oldman43 says:

My great, great, great,great grandfather was one of those less than 70 that day. He fought and lived thru the revolution and died in 1813. I swore the oath 53 years ago and will defend it to the end. May God Bless us.

38. Descendant of Jeremiah Duckworth says:

Standing with the Citizen Patriots, declare …
    “… and with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other, our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”

Molon Labe!

Dear God, may it never come to it, but if this fight MUST be, then let it begin and end here with me. Pray that the firestorm does not destroy all that I love and hold dear.

Remember once before…
    “By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
    Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
    Here once the embattled farmers stood,
    And fired the shot heard round the world.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

39. Jason says:

Count me in friends. God Bless us and Molon Labe!

Jason

40. Bill says:

Something everyone should consider regarding legacy: They will write you out of history. It’s right out of the playbook. It’s SOP.

41. Jon says:

It’s past the point of no return, they won’t back down now with all the hooplah and hubbub they stirred up.

42. A. says:

Death to tyrants.

I’ve made my peace and laid my plans.

Semper Fi & God be with us.

43. CA Warrior says:

A Rambo quote comes to mind: in town you’re the law, out here it’s me. Don’t push it. Or I’ll give you a war you won’t believe. Don’t push it. Let it go. L-E-T I-T G-O.

A while back I raised my right hand and swore an oath to support and defend a piece of paper that is the law of our land. No man is above that law.

oh-dark-thirty raids? I’m ready.

checkpoints? easy targets

secondary vehicle stope? simple to defeat

I believe they have no idea how prepared we are for this.

MOLON LABE

44. Anonymous says:

To the poster(s) who claim that local LE will participate in a firearms confiscation: I have yet to speak with one local peace officer who states that he will comply. Much to the contrary, some have stated that they will resign and surrender their shields. Oh, and I am one of those.

• Anonymous says:

Same here. LEO’s are PO’d also. Most LEO’s are for the Constitution and definitely not politicians.

45. Al says:

Amen, brother. May God grant me the courage to stand in the same place as you all.

46. Anon1 says:

The President cannot “reclassify” anything as an NFA item through an EO. That can only be done by explicit legislative amendment to the NFA. Good luck getting the House to go along with that.

(Before anyone shouts “Streetsweeper!” they should recall that anything over .50 is already an NFA item unless BATFE exempts it as having a sporting purpose. They changed their mind on the Streetsweeper and probably will on the Saiga-12.)

47. daveyjones says:

There’s a house in Pennsylvania that bears a name in my family tree. It was used as a “safe house” in the first Revolution. A place for soldiers to recover.
    I have in my possession, the papers tracing my family to the Mayflower.

Bob, I share your sentiments to the T on what I want for my kids and grandkids.

I took the Oath in 1980.
    I understood it to be a lifetime commitment.

I will not lie down
    I will not go quietly

48. Norman N. House says:

This is it. This is where I draw the line. I will never register my guns, submit to licensing, or surrender them. Any attempt to force me to do so means I’ll probably die an undignified and lonely death in my own front yard.

So be it.

49. dennis says:

let it begin here i am 110 per cent ready to die for my freedom no more bull shit

50. [...] A declaration of independence from the Obama tyranny, by Bob Owens. Naturally. [...]