Of alarms, militias, and destiny

Written By: Bob - Jan• 04•13

Recent works such as What you’ll see in the rebellion and Something funny happened on the way to the tyranny have brought many fresh new eyes to this outpost on the Internet. We are a nation on the cusp of repeating history.

Anyone familiar with an accurate telling of the political truths leading up to the events of mid-April, 1775 in small towns and villages west of Boston knows that while the Colonials and their British masters were at loggerheads for the better part of a decade over a number of issues including taxation and liberty, the immediate and proximate trigger of the first American Revolutionary war was an attempt by General Thomas Gage to disarm the Colonists.

Yes, the American Revolution was triggered by a gun control raid that was met with force by the American people.

The Colonials—they would have been uncomfortable thinking of themselves as anything but British prior to early 1775—were a spirited, raucous bunch. They worked hard, and were civically-minded, deeply concerned about the welfare of their fellow citizens, and jealously guarded their liberties. David Hackett Fischer’s Paul Revere’s Ride is a historical touchstone for those of us involved in the Appleseed Project, because Fischer goes well beyond just the few hours of Revere’s historic ride, to explain in depth the culture behind it.

Anyone could have ridden through the countryside yelling, “the Regulars are about!” and been dismissed as a crank or a drunk.

What made “Revere’s ride” special was that he wasn’t just a man. He was many men and women in a deeply interconnected network linked by the a common cause of Liberty.

Fiercely dependent and interdependent upon one another, the Colonials had been through three wars within the the preceding decades, and had devised a system of church bells, dispatch riders, signal fires and musket volleys to warn the countryside of danger. This was perfected after earlier raids during the Powder Alarm.

Paul Revere and the other dispatch riders that April morning were cogs in a communications machine that had 14,000 militiamen marching towards the Concord Road before the sun rose on April 19, 1775.

Six hours. 14,000 men.

I want you to think about that for a moment.

Let’s be honest with ourselves. How many people could we turn out, if we found out tonight at midnight, about a threat to liberty so dire that it must be met. How many people could you get to show up with you?

We all know the ‘get out the word’ advantages we have – iPhones, landline phones, payphones, laptops, netbooks, desktops, tablets, pagers, email, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, the World Wide Web, radio and Youtube channels.

How many of you could get 10,000 to show up?

How many of you could get 1,000?

How do you measure the value of liberty to a society?

Do you measure it by the number of people who are willing to show up to defend it?

* * *

The “National Guard and the Naval Militia” are one part of our Republic’s militia, formally identified in 10 USC § 311 (b) (1) as the “organized militia.”

You and I and others not formally part of the National Guard or Naval Militia or on active duty military are codified in 10 USC § 311 (b) (2) as the”unorganized militia.”

We are the militia.

Those of us between the ages of 17-45 are bound by law. Those of us below or older than that range are bound by duty, honor, heritage, loyalty and love. There is no middle ground, and few legitimate (mental and physical health, criminal history) excuses.

If the National Guard are today’s Minutemen, we are the larger backbone of that militia, drawn to serve our nation much as Jason Russell, Samuel Whittemore, David Lamson,  Mother Batherick, and “death on a pale horse” himself, Hezekiah Wyman, were that first day patriotism called them to war to defend their families, communities, and way of life from those who would enslave them to a disconnected, arrogant tyrant.

The very AR-15 that despots in Illinois, New York, and Washington, D.C. would force you to surrender is the preferred militia weapon of our time, above all others. Charged by the standard 30-round magazine commonly used by all branches of our armed forces and reserves, it is the firearm of contemporary military utility due to the similarity is has with the selective-fire M-4 Carbine and M-16 rifles of our nation’s standing military, sharing many common parts, ammunition, and magazines.

That the AR-15 is the single most protected firearm under the clear intention of the Founding Fathers for citizens to be armed with weapons of military utility is not up for debate or discussion. By function and role, it is the firearm of the American Patriot and militiaman.

Any attempt to strip the American citizen of the AR-15 or similar firearms is an attack on the very fabric of our Republic, an affront to the clear intent of the Founders, an assault on the plain meaning of the Constitution, and an attempted rape of Liberty.

At a moment of historical urgency very similar to what we currently face, a delegation of Patriots met in St. John’s Church in Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775, less than a month before Gage sent out his troops that fateful April morning.

One of the speakers that day was a man whose rousing oration is regarded as one of the greatest speeches in American history, said near the beginning of his talk:

This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfil the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offence, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the majesty of heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past.

We have trod this path before. We know where it leads, having watched it both overseas and at home.

Today, federal agents and agencies arm themselves with weapons of war and hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition not to combat an outside threat, but to oppress this nation’s citizens, as the would-be elites, long lost to the common man and imagining themselves superior, set about removing “Liberty’s teeth;” the last and greatest obstacle to imposing their well-intentioned tyranny where everyone is entitled to a “fair share” of what they are willing to let us have. It is a path for destruction and genocide, led by a man mentored by a zealot that fantasized about eradicating tens of millions of Americans.

If you love your country, if you love your freedom, if you love your children, you have no choice but to act.

Pray for peace, protest with passion, and prepare yourself for war.

The fine gentleman from Virginia cited above had made the same grim determination before arriving in Richmond.

Mr. Henry concluded his speech:

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance, by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

When shall we be stronger indeed, if we give up the implements of freedom without contest? There can be no peace when tyrants order Americans to bow down and surrender.

They, and they alone must withdraw… or else the choice is made.

Tread carefully.

1. david7134 says:

I know lots that will talk. But I don’t know a single person that will commit. That is the problem. No one wants to disturb their precious nest to get out and fight for something that they can not be assured would “help” them or not get them into trouble. Very few can see the big picture.

• MM says:

I will show up bub. And I know almost every one of my neighbors and friends will be right there with me protecting cowards like you-like we always have had to. The fact you don’t know know “a single person who will commit” says all I need to know about you.

The fact is I will never register my weapons nor surrender them because once I’m defenseless, I’m dead and no one, by God will cattle car me.

• david7134 says:

MM,
        And what do you know about me? I find this talking about a revolution fairly stupid. I want to get it going. Lets not talk, lets get an infrastructure going. Lets develop committees of correspondence. But lets not continue with the progressive agenda of calling other people names or addressing their personalities when you know nothing of them. I like the way people on the internet make big words, words that would get them bitch slapped in real world circumstances.

• just thinkin... says:

If all you know are talkers you desprately need to get out of that circle of “friends” because they will not stand beside you in time of need. In deed they are no friend.
      Sir, men and women who have tasted war or served in the military don’t just talk. They hate the conflict as no unknowing, inexperienced virgin of conflict ever can and yet they, us, we are not just talk for we have been tested in the fires of hell and though some wounds never heal they burn deep for where so ever this government demanded we go, we went. Where so ever hell we were sent to, we were babtized there in fire. No, young person living in the pretend world can grasp the price paid, some the ultimate price, yet get this, for i am only quoting the one who “talked a lot” but also acted the loudest: “No greater love has a man than he shall lay down his life for his friends.” Let me just add, if you do this for a friend, then i guarantee you you will do it for your beloved wife, children, mom, dad, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, cousins, nieces and grammies and grampies. That is all i have to say about that.

• WisconsinDan says:

I committed when I took my Oath, and again when I chose to bring my Children into this earth.

• Troy Riser says:

Chill, Dave. There’s always a triggering event for these kinds of things. You can’t fight tyranny with cause until tyranny happens, which–given the authoritarian nature of the current administration–won’t be long, I’m guessing.

Because the old-school Marxists running the federal government truly believe they’re all-powerful, unstoppable, and inevitable, I’m guessing the President will issue some kind of executive order that will make instant felons out of many or most private gun owners, particularly those of us owning what are spuriously called assault weapons–or they’ll slap a 200%+ tax on ammunition and go after black-market reloaders. Who knows for sure? What we do know for sure is that some of us are going to jail soon.

Anyway, whatever they do, the federal government will do it with the same ham-fisted ineptitude they do everything else and good people will end up getting hurt or killed.

You’ll know the moment when it arrives.

2. Kris says:

Gee Bob, you almost sound like you are practicing for history at an AS!

Good stuff…I might steal some of it for a Sunday Benediction. I’ve used the Patrick Henry speech before.

Kris
    Shoot Boss from MI

I’m not above poaching good content from great people, and I’d be flattered if you wanted to use anything I’ve written for your shoots. I’ve got the 2nd Strike, IMC and NPOA lectures at Ramsuer in January.

3. DPS says:

Bob,

Once again Sir you have out done yourself. I find myself looking forword to your daily post. On the home front in the Tx panhandle I can report not only a ammo shortage but now comes the reloading shortages as well. The store I deal with order 20k last week and could only get 7k worth of supplies. His once well stocked store looks like a market before a snow storm.. I’m wondering if this is the same all over the country? Thanks again for you great articles

DPS

4. Expat says:

Bob, you ask: “How many of you could get 10,000 to show up?
    How many of you could get 1,000? OK, let’s make it real easy. How many of you could get 100 to show up? How many of you could get 10?”

I few weeks ago I tried reaching out via email to many in my local gun community up here in Alaska, which includes a number of instructors and the like, to see if people would be interested in trying to organize a rally to be seen and heard and remind our community that we are a respectable part of it.

All that I received from friends and fellow gunnies alike was either the chirping of crickets or “Please Remove Me From Your Mailing List.”

But, boy, we sure motivated to clean-out Walmart, Fred Meyer’s department store, and our local mom&pop gunshop of every AR, AK, and related magazine and ammo!

I don’t think I have ever felt so dispirited–even after having grown-up a gun enthusiast in Massachusetts. I couldn’t even get anyone to at least say they thought the idea sucked or that it wasn’t the right time, etc.

I do worry if enough of us will ever rise again to the call in various ways in sufficient numbers to save this republic. What does it matter so long as we “got ours”?

• btruth says:

It will be an entirely different battle, compared to the First Revolutionary war. We will be single, double or maybe even three man units, all acting as one, in one mind, for one cause. We will have no Centralized authority. We will have No Leadership to decapitate, bribe, torture or coerce. “We” the Awakened God fearing people, will act accordingly, in God’s time. The Armour of the Lord, will be essential in our coming struggle. Be encouraged & in good cheer. Godspeed & God bless you & yours.

• Spincycle says:

Hello Expat,

The difficulty individuals like yourself are having is in missing or skipping one of the steps the early awake members of colonial America had to take and this was speaking openly and regularly with their local community about WHY we have a problem, WHAT that problem is, and How acting is of value. What you describe is a worried but untouched community by the voices of the knowledgeable. You must become that voice then and teach your people, and if that means standing on the street corner and giving a regular impromptu speech about the situation then that is what must be done. Maybe there is no response the first three or four times you show up but if you are predictable in your schedule you will eventually attract those who listen. Speak truth of value to the power of the People. We often learn quicker to speak truth to the power of evil or the misguided but less often do we learn to speak Truth to our Own. This is the first step. If it has not been done in your area then someone must do it where all can see and hear. Someone must stand where none other will and be the voice of Liberty, Reason, and Wisdom. Walk without fear sir, you have been so called.

• MalcontentElder says:

Our founders met regularly in pubs and taverns all across the colonies. Maybe that’s a good place to start, instead of a regular time, on a specific street corner, where he can be picked up as a “loony tune”, and silenced and disarmed. I certainly see the similarities to the normal resident of the street corner, someone holding up a sign, yelling “The end is near”!! While the word needs to be preached, even our founders were smarter than yelling their intentions and ideas, in front of the same force they planned to stand against. They would have been rounded up and hung for sedition against the King. Hmmm, sounds very much like today!
        We have a template to follow, left by those that went before us. Use it!
        Joshua 1:9

• T Rice says:

I feel like im in the same boat, disheartening response, figure if it goes down ill hit the trees, not going along with more regulation, or surrendering anything, or obamacare or any of this other crap, its amazing how many people have no clue about the gravity of this situation that is developing, and what the ramifications for our liberty, they have bankrupt the country, now they will disarm and rob us all.

Bob you are surely a patriot!

Those who stood for freedom 200+ years ago didn’t just stand up over night, their standing was a process over time mainly fueled by the actions of tyranny.

The same is true today, here at home we are at peace ( for most of us at least if we stay off the streets of our big cities), we toil to provide for our families, to be better people, to mind our own business.

If left alone or if we think we will be left alone; most will continue to mind their own business however if events make it obvious that our liberty and freedom is being destroyed then to some of us, many more over time; it will come a time that we will have no other choice than to take action.

There will be good Germans among us just like there has been before, as the saying goes:

“First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.”

Just as most didn’t take up arms against the British the same will be true today however our founders proved that you didn’t need most to overthrow tyranny!

As for myself I am ready to die for liberty if freedom requires it, I don’t intend to wait until there is no one left to speak for me! The bigger question is exactly how many are willing to die to take my liberty away and the freedom of others who will stand with people like me.

6. Bill says:

Eloquent, Mr. Owens.

I echo the same fear of being able to gather. I live in a well-armed neighborhood, but I think it’d be seen as alarmist if I tried to gather people.

Perhaps it’s people hedging their bets. Perhaps it’s fear of being labeled. Everyone knows electronic data are intercepted.

I don’t think this will be a stand up fight. This will be long, messy, and above all, punative.

The comments regarding the NRA and the gun owners and the vitrol coming out in the last few weeks was what convinced me. They’re not going to be happy until there is a boot on the neck of those that disagree.

I pray the Military remembers their oaths, or enough of them. I’m not too convinced of the rest of them defending it or us. The police are a toss-up in my area.

Interesting times indeed.

• Keith says:

Very good discussion and Patrick Henry’s speech is one of the best for freedom lovers. Regarding keeping their oaths, there is a fantastic group called the “Oathkeepers”, a group of current and ex military, police fire and other 1st responders and citizen Oathkeepers. oathkeepers.org Our mission is to Reach Teach and Inspire all Oathkeepers to remember and to keep their Oaths. Check it out!

7. HempRopeAndStreetlight says:

Expat, the people are arming up. It moves in stages. The battle-space is being prepped, kit is being assembled, and the will is being steeled.

Now is the dangerous time.

You WILL see resistance, but it come after provocation. We are a good people, and we all watch the actions of our congress now, breath held, praying to God. They will make the decision now.

Civil War or peace? Darkness or the status-quo?

It is up to the house of representative and God now.

Now is not yet the time to bear our fangs. Now is the time to rattle. To warn. To coil in preparation of a venom filled strike. Now is the time when we let the warning ring across the prairie.

“Back! Stay back! We do not seek to bite you, we do not wish to poison you, stay away, leave us in peace, we wish none of this! Trouble us not!”

The bite comes in retaliation. This is the way of the rattlesnake.

8. Nathanael Hale says:

Great Article!

I am one of the fortunate ones that I have at least one person that I know I can on. The problem is that so many people have the very problem that you wrote of.

The Socialist agenda has accomplished its goal. “Only you are important.” “Sacrifice others for your own gain.” “Put yourself first, second, third, then destroy everything you don’t use, so no one else can use it.”

Dean Garrison wrote another great article on his blog

9. AmericanGypsea says:

Bob,
    The same thing is going on here in Omaha with the guns & ammo. Shelves are cleaned out, gone. I panicked early & bought my AR-15 on Nov 7th along with a case of ammo. The people I come across are a mixed bag. Either they think the country is doing just fine, thank you very much or they are on high alert like us. Every now and again, I come across the ardent O supporter, always a 20-something which concerns me

For those who are watching & waiting like we are, we keep hearing the same thing: “Surround yourself with like-minded, build yourself a network.” Which is what we’re doing.

I don’t have a crystal ball, I don’t know which way DC will veer but I can feel the ground shifting under my feet and I’m preparing for the worst. Just bought a place in ID where I can grow food & we’re gearing up for the move. I’m starting the garden this upcoming year as there will be a learning curve.

I follow you on twitter, glad to have found you here. The husband is reading you, too.

P.S. How funny is this? I used to read Confederate Yankee, (esp the coverage on Erik Scott), from time to time…I just put it together that that was you! Here I’ve found you again! #Kismet

• Frank says:

A case of ammo? Oh Lord. You’ll last about a day or so. Unless you plan on throwing your gun at people, you better have not only a room full of bullets, but several handguns, shotguns, etc. Best weapon at home is usually the shotgun. Get the equipment to make your own shells.

• JypseaRose says:

Oh, Frankie, you misunderstand. I’m actually proficient with my firearm(s) and case(s) of ammo. I don’t spray bullets all over the place. 20 rounds in my magazine is a whole lot of damage to the bad guys. Given your input, recommend you find some sort of training that improves your skills. Do you have any idea what the idea typical combat load-out for say M-4 ammo for Army/Marines in Afghanistan is when they go out on patrol? They don’t carry rooms full of ammo with them.

Plus, when my one case of ammo runs out and I’ve thrown my rifle, I’m planning on throwing the crockery and high heels, in that order.

• JypseaRose says:

For clarification…AmericanGypsea is my twitter handle but both IDs are mine. Don’t know why I was signed in as one the first time and my WordPress ID the second.

10. nels says:

Expat, what part of Alaska are you in? Interior? I’m stuck in Juneau, which you will find on the map a little left of Lenin.

11. Robert57 says:

Bob,

Great column. Very few have a solid historical perspective on our current difficulties with a tryannical government. When asked by some why fighting has not yet broken out, I remind folks that twelve years elapsed between the Stamp Act and the first shots being fired. Your excellent article suggests that we are closer to the end of such a period than the beginning.
    If so, then what should be our response? The doctrine which I try to spread is one of alarm and reaction. If everyone in a neighborhood network has a very loud outdoor siren, others could be summoned to the fight. It is my belief that the tyrant would lose his appetite for the fight if he discovers he is also a target.
    This doctrine could also be spread widely and it could not be construed as treasonous nor terroristic.
    How many will show up when my alarm goes off? Perhaps none, and I stand alone against the tyrant. But I suggest that this number will increase as the world darkens.

12. Mitchell McCrimmon says:

Theres a big difference between the streets and dirt roads of America and those of Somalia…

13. spectre says:

What i have to say may sound heartless but i really dont care what spineless pricks think about me
    1. I had nothing to do with any shooting of children.
    2.My firearms had nothing to do with any shooting of children.
    3.I feel no guilt or remorse because i own firearms.
    4.If by law, rule, statute, or executive order To turn in, register, or sell my firearms to any fed, state, or local authority I WILL NOT COMPLY!
    5.If any so called authority sends jackboots to take my lawful firearms from me and for nothing more then owning firearms then its going to be a very bad day for everyone involved!

The blood was not even dry on those babys before they started screaming for our firearms that alone should tell you what veil disgusting creatures that are in power. and would use the deaths of babys as an excuse to illegally take our firearms or brand us as criminals for not complying i ask you are you prepared to do what is necessary to defend yourselfs Time for talk is done they started the fire And I will stand with any man that has the same values as my own skin tone does not make a dam bit of diffrence its your values that count If you hold the same values as i do then stand with me so we can tell these lowlife scumbag potlickers no more infringment on our un a lein able rights

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

14. Frank says:

Ignorant sheep will bleat while they are led off to die.
    Only God can save us, now. Let us each one get down on our knees and repent and cry Mercy! to the Lord. It won’t stop the judgement about to rain down. But if cry out loud enough and long enough it may soon be over.

15. Earl says:

Where are the men and Ladys of the past that stood fast and defended our right of freedom. I am one and I will stand.

16. Brent says:

A favorite quote of mine, attributed to the Spartans of ancient Greece.
    “When the night comes to bury your arms, the dawn to dig them up has passed.”

This is what I think your Mr. Henry meant when he said,

17. J says:

I live in a part of the country with a large amount of veterans it’s what is considered your duty to serve, many are still in rotation, As I write this,They are Proud to be there,those here would be ready at moments notice,But that’s not the point.Our Right’s are being attacked by the pen. one of the corner foundation’s of our United States. The second Amendment. Not by the sword and We must unite by the pen to defend our country’s future.We must align with like minded organization’s like it or not. The NRA. you must fight fire with fire not firepower. First that’s what they are waiting for, They can take care of this kind of action and achieve their goal hands down and get the ban they want, spinning it any way they want. In the first weapons ban, there was not the means of communication or speed of the internet,a lot of people miss that point,we now can send information and cover ground at speed of light to like minded people,Don’t huddle about the neighbor hood and oneself write ,Call,Email Tweet, Facebook, your elected congress person senator’s in your district till there in boxes are full and they can’t take another message we have to pound them back in line. Vote them out let them know.if they don’t vote your way, you’ll send the other guy running for office a check that will. Your not going to Stand for this($hit)anymore we can’t rest on our laurels . Because Money Talk’s and bull $hit can get sent walking. put every thing aside for the sake of our county and future first,this will be the hardest thing most have ever done.The majority people have become so soft and selfish.don’t just sit there! Do something,the opposition is counting on their sheep to do that.

18. Mike says:

That was fantastic! I posted it in its entirety on HUNTINGTONTEA.NET because it touched me deeply.

Thank you, Bob for that.

19. Pete Law says:

In what at the time was 20/20 vision Robert E. Lee in a letter to Governor Fletcher Stockdale dated September 1870 wrote “Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in my right hand”

20. Roger says:

I agree with much of what has been written by the bloggers and Bob is spot on.
    I say that currently there is no physical battle field for a first shot to be fired on.
    I also say that the people of agreement are as disjointed as were the patriots of old. But we will unite fast when nedded.
    When the Red Coats were leaving Lexington and while they went down the roads in their formations from one location to another the farmers hid in the woods and sniped at them. The Coloialests would use any weapon avalible to them to harrass them. The British knew better than to send out patrols into the country sides.
    Who shall we fire upon first? Where? I believe when given a target the triggers will get pulled. “Be sure your right and then go ahead”
    They will start kicking in doors when they think they can get away with it, just like the British………..then the battle begins.

21. NormB says:

Things are, I am told by my reading of history, more like they are now than they ever were.

The question arises, at what point are American patriots obligated to stand up against the forces of tyranny? I believe our founders decided that for us at Lexington and Concord.

When “they” come to disarm us.

It’s that simple.

The next question becomes, how dearly will you sell your liberty? Will you turn in your “assault rifle,” because you KNOW “they” will never come for your over-under shotgun? Or your semi-automatic pistol because “no one needs that much firepower.” Your fifty-caliber muzzle-loader because the bill didn’t specify cartridge or not.

What are YOU willing to give up for a little more time, a little more “peace” and not have to worry about your home being raided in the wee hours by jackbooted thugs who will shoot your dog and stomp on your kittens before throwing flash-bang grenades in your infant’s room.

When you hear of an assault happening to a gun owner near you with combined forces of state and local police, ATF and DHS agents (as recently happened in Maryland, where 150 of them showed up for one man who turned out to only have 3 or 4 guns), will you drop everything at a minute’s notice, heed the call, and swarm to the property to surround it, to stop the transgression against this man and his family? Or will you wait for the next one.

The heroes of the American revolution which were once celebrated on April 19th, “Patriot’s Day,” ultimately pledged their lives, their fortunes, their sacred honor to The Glorious Cause.”

Are you ready to do the same? What event will you stand in defiance of? Another “Waco?” Ruby ridge?

Just asking. You can goo back to watching your football game now.

• Jack Gates says:

Great post!
      Sadly, the very last line pretty much sums it up for most.
      Oh, wait a minute! It had better not be a Notre Dame game! We’ve been told to “boycott” ND, as they’re involved in a lawsuit over “non compliance” against…
      My mistake. Its only those crazy Catholics. Let the government mess with them. They brought it on themselves. I’m not even Catholic. So why should I care anyway?
      Right…

• Warren Bonesteel says:

We only need 2% – 3% of the population to pick up their guns. If another 30% of the population supports that 2%-3%, the ‘rebels’ win. No counter-insurgency in history has ever succeeded against those numbers.

It won’t be easy. It won’t be short. It will be violent and bloody…and you, personally, could lose everthing, including your own life.

But, the ‘rebels’ will, eventually, win.

22. Shoot says:

I have my arms ready I do not know of anyone who will be with me, To Support and Defend so Help Me God!

23. thetoysurgeon says:

When and who will sound the alarm?

24. A_Nonny_Mouse says:

I recently read a quote at another blog (but, sigh, can’t remember WHOSE words these were): “The only reason ANYBODY wants to take your guns is because they intend to do something which would cause an armed man to shoot them.”

25. Byrd666 says:

Quite a number of years ago, I took an oath to protect this country from All enemies. Foreign AND Domestic. I did the foreign part as best I could, I believe it is now time to protect my Country from the Domestic side.

Our own Government is the biggest threat to the way of life our Forefathers envisioned for this country. We have a “president”, TYRANT more like, that will, and does, blatantly circumvent the law and or Constitution to get what HE wants. And only what HE wants. We have a Senate and Congress that ONLY think of themselves and how to get reelected. And don’t forget about the many, many anti gun, or anti freedom Mayors and Governors around the country.

Get involved with the NRA, the 2nd Amendment association, the JPFO, your local or state firearms association. But do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, within reason of course, to help keep your freedom alive and free.

26. Patriot2013 says:

The masses-r-asses might as well forget all of the history. It is already too late. Charlotte Iserbyt, in her outstanding book, The Deliberate Dumbing-Down of America, clearly showed how the ‘powers-that-are’ have taken over the media, the government, the education and the minds of the masses-r-asses. Lock and load since it is the only way that we can show our resentment to our enslavers!

27. William says:

Greetings, and God bless.

There are multiple ways to skin the proverbial cat. I got a feeling that, if there is an outright ban on firearms that are already in peoples hands, the confiscation process may not be as dramatic as some scenarios describe. I suspect that the storm troopers kicking down the door in the wee hours of the morning will be more of a special case rather than the norm. A lot of the confiscation will go down something like this, I bet. You wake up one day and find that your bank accounts and credit cards are all frozen and your drivers license and professional licenses are suspended. Then you get a letter from feral government that says,

“Our records indicate that you purchased such and such weapon(s) on such and such date(s). The deadline has passed and we have no record that you have complied with the mandatory turn in of those weapon. Please bring said weapons to such and such a location by such and such a date and maybe your accounts….etc, etc”

That will roll up a lot of folks, I’m afraid, and lets the red team save the door-kicking for a later reduction in detail of a minimized hard core. That would save the feral government a lot of personnel and a lot of potentially bad press. It will also help them avoid the high-profile, high drama trip-wire events that a lot of us see as the kick-off for the resistance going hot. No clear-cut line to cross, no “Remember the Alamo” moment to hang our response on.

Low key, slow attrition. How do we deal with that? No, really! I want to know. We need to think about this. We need ideas. Anyone got any?

Thanks.

(Soylent Green Is Sheeple!)

28. Viktor says:

“the clear intention of the Founding Fathers [was] for citizens to be armed with weapons of military utility”

So, why not an M-4 or M-16?