Revolutionary War Veterans Association invites President Obama to share his respect for American tradition of marksmanship at Appleseed

Written By: Bob - Jan• 27•13

This weekend I was honored to be asked to officially contribute to the Appleseed Project as a member of their public relations team. I was empowered by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association founder Jack Dailey to do what I do best as a writer.

As my first official act, I am thrilled this evening to extend an public invitation to President Barack Obama to share American heritage and marksmanship at an Appleseed Project event on April 20-21 of this year as we celebrate the 238th anniversary of the “Shot heard ’round the world.”

You can read a copy of the press release, which was inspired by the President’s recently shared tradition of shooting.

RWVA Press Release Jan 27 2013

We’d love to have you as well.

Come find out about your birthright.

1. Rob in Katy says:

Will Dick Cheney be there? Well, we can dream can’t we?

2. Obama is nothing but a damned liar. I’d bet he is too afraid to pick up a gun himself.

3. Greg B says:

Yeah right.
    Zero made the troops, of whom he is the CIC, leave their weapons outside the tent.
    Do you really think that he’d go near ANY Citizen with access to a firearm?

4. JT says:

Typo: In your press release date/location in the body you list “Ramseur, NY”, rather than “Ramseur, NC”

5. Rob Crawford says:

Check the urban dictionary definition for “skeet shooting”. I don’t think we want the president demonstrating his proficiency at this in public.

6. Ali_Gator says:

It’s a very nice gesture but I’m hoping he declines. Since communists are intrinsically irrational beings (and this particular communist has some untreated anger issues)I’d discourage supplying him with dangerous things. Or knowledge of their use. Right now, I don’t think he’d know how to properly grasp a Polish dueling pistol, and I’d be glad to leave him in that condition. “For the sake of Children”, ya know.

7. Klingonwork says:

The resistance has begun…there are reports of NY residents refusing to register and sheriffs supporting them.

8. juliesa says:

April 21 is San Jacinto Day, Bob. It’s a TX state holiday and my city San Antonio has a 9 day citywide Fiesta to celebrate it. I’m a volunteer at two of the 100 events.

I know a lot about the Texas revolution, but I really know nothing about the American one. You are getting me very interested in attending an Appleseed event. I’ve checked their schedule and it would be easy for me to go to one.

Many thanks for all you’re doing for liberty and history.

SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appears there’s a massive SWAT scene happening.

People have been calling police, as well as our newsroom, saying they’re hearing gunshots in the area of Scott and Airport. It turns out, the Army says, it’s a multi-agency training drill. They’re doing it at the old Carnegie High School.

Helicopters were also involved. The Army isn’t giving any details of what the training is about.

So if you see the helicopters or hear gunfire, it’s only a drill.

10. Jackdaddy63 says:

Since I discovered this website in December, I’ve been visiting nearly every day. Based on what I’ve read here, I signed my son and I up for an Appleseed event in Louisiana in June. We’ll be braving heat and mosquitos to see what the Appleseed has to offer.