Rumors that Walmart is stopping ammo purchase/resupply are completely false

Written By: Bob - Jan• 14•13

I just spoke with a corporate public relations manager with Walmart… Ashley Hardie, I think her name was.

Rumors being floated over the past 24-48 hours that the company is going to sell out their existing stock of ammunition then not purchase any more ammunition are, according to the official corporate voice of the company, completely false. She said that their is no truth to the rumors, and that she’d be issuing a statement to that effect this evening.

Walmart will continue stocking their shelves, selling them out, and reaping profits.

1. Gayle says:

Thank you THANK you for checking this out.

I felt truly sick after hearing this rumor.

2. Mesagoatman says:

Steve Quayle’s Hyperbole

3. gogaited says:

Glad to hear that.

4. Tango says:

This call to WalMart is a recording of a WalMart employee at corporate saying that WalMart *IS* ceasing sales of that ammo until “the new law” goes into effect.

The recorded call—if legitimate—was to a customer service drone, about as far down the corporate ladder as possible.

Aaron of The Weapon Blog and I both spoke to the same official corporate communications voice for the company.

5. falnfenix says:

Thanks for giving them a call to confirm. I wanted to, but no one would be able to hear me (laryngitis, yay).

6. Jennifer says:

Thanks for taking the time to find out this information. It will be interesting to watch what retailers do in the coming months.

7. LordChamp says:

We’ll see. I suspect this came from some where other than us. I know Walmart would not lie to us, no way. Yeah right.

They probably had someone tell them that if they did that they would also lose a big chunk of their business which is groceries and backed down.

However, I believe this is one area the government will use to attack us. By using their large corporate shills to do their bidding.

Keeps your eyes on this. It’s not over.

• Chaplin says:

whoever did this mis-spelled further.. looks fake to me.. why “hard block” whatever that means.. small caliber shells?

8. LordChamp says:

From WND.

I personally think more and more that it was not a rumor but that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and for the moment, profits are more important than obeying the king.

For the moment…but that will soon change. Watch and see. They will be brought back into the fold just like Dick’s.

9. Gayle says:

Hello??

10. Ron Bokleman says:

The real issue is Walmart. I would encourage you to boycott them and send your business elsewhere.

11. RanchHand says:

A few days ago, I was at WalMart here in Arkansas and bought some handgun ammunition. Sure enough, the shelves were stocked only about 1/4 full. The young man behind the counter (who didn’t know anything about anything; I could tell because he asked me what the difference was in +P ammo vs. standard) told me that they weren’t restocking until February. I wrote WalMart corporate yesterday morning and told them that if this rumor proved true, I would never spend one dime at a WalMart or Sam’s Club again. Ever.

I hope Bob is right about this just being a rumor, but I suspect the truth is somewhere in between. I have not heard back from anyone at WalMart corporate. I will be watching, and will respond accordingly. Surely, WalMart will not miss my little $500/month personal boycott, but I don’t like them anyway. This would just be the last straw.