Where is your line in the sand?

Written By: Bob - Jan• 15•13
Sharpshooter, oil on canvas, Winslow Homer, 1863.

Sharpshooter, oil on canvas, Winslow Homer, 1863.

New York is on the cusp of stripping the rights of that state’s citizens to own arms down to nearly nothing.

All magazines of more than 7 rounds will be made illegal, with no grandfathering. Most semi-automatic rifles, including popular rimfire training and hunting like Marlin 795s and Ruger 10/22s, will be rendered inoperative. The most popular centerfire rifle in the United States, the .223 Remington/5.56 NATO-chambered AR-15 self-loading rifle, will be outlawed for future sale, and all existing rifles must be registered… rather obviously, for future confiscation. This is the progression of things.

They will target “assault rifles,” even though legally-purchased selective-fire assault rifles have never been used to  commit a single murder in the history of the United States. They successfully completed this in 1986; there have been no assault rifles made in 27 years that the public could purchase.

They will then attempt to confuse the public that the nonexistent threat of assault rifles (which fire 750-900 cyclic rounds per minute) is what they are banning when they write legislation to ban self-loading AR-15s (which fire 30-45 rounds per minute, or 20 well-aimed rounds) and similar firearms, based on their appearance, not function. This was done successfully in 1994 at the federal level and in many states. It expired at the federal level in 2004, and this ban on “assault weapons”—an entirely made-up term fabricated by gun confiscation activist Josh Sugarman in the 1980s—is what the President, Senator Feinstein, and other totalitarians are attempting to bring back in a far more severe an draconian form, in order to gut the explicit intent of the Second Amendment.

What we’re witnessing in New York and Illinois are the next steps beyond that, where even the most common arms are classified as “assault weapons,” or their magazines are deemed criminal. This effects common .22LR squirrel rifles, like Mossberg 702 Plinksters, Marlin 795s, and Ruger 10/22s, not just guns that bear a passing resemblance to military rifles. This effects bolt-action rifles, from the rimfire Mossberg 802 to the 100+ year-old Lee-Enfield rifle commonly used to hunt deer. It may affect the venerable M1 Garand, an 8-shot rifle commonly collected and used in target competitions. It outlaws the magazines of almost every modern pistol, and may affect some revolvers as well. these are steps toward complete registration, confiscation, and tyranny.

Small bites.

That’s how you eat an elephant, and how you steal a nation’s liberty. Once the citizens are disarmed, of course, then politicians have no reason whatsoever to pay them any heed. When there is no “Second Amendment remedy” there can be no defense of any other rights, and in the post-9/11 world, Democrats and Republicans alike have betrayed founding principles in the name of “security” that is nothing more than a widespread intrusion into our private lives by a state that dreams of being Big Brother.

The state exists to to serve the state, not the people. This has been obvious since FDR’s corrupting influence, if not far sooner in Wilson’s time. Progressives both Republican and Democrat have sought to bleed the individuality out of Americans, to make them compliant, sedate, and docile.

The Founders warned us to jealously guard our liberties against the tyranny of the state. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Vice President Joe Biden, and President Barack Obama are living examples of the kind of liberty thieves that would have been shot down by a Hamilton or Henry, or perhaps if they were feeling merciful, merely scalded in hot tar before being bodily thrown from office. Doubt me? Read their own words.

When President Thomas Jefferson warned that the tree of liberty must be watered occasionally with the blood of patriots and tyrants, he was speaking to future generations, quite obviously including our own. Is it time to speak of blood-letting? Is it time for would-be tyrants like Obama, Cuomo, Feinstein to quench the roots of the tree of liberty? Are you willing to sacrifice your own blood—to give up your own life—in a campaign to seize back these freedoms for your children and grandchildren?

I ask, because the radicals are ready to bleed us.

They’ve issued forth a video game assassinating the head of the NRA. A Pulitzer Prize-nominated liberal editorial writer have called for our murders, and for Republican leaders to be dragged to death. A Georgetown law professor, writing in the New York Times, calls for the Constitution to be scrapped entirely.

To answer the question, no, I do not think now is the time for blood. Not yet, at least.

There are still legislative actions that may be taken, nullification that may occur.

But the time we’ve all feared, that world history suggests must come, is near.

Si vis pacem habeatis filios vestros, ad bellum parare modo.

If you want your children to have peace, prepare to fight for them now.

1. Klingonwork says:

I have not felt this kind of scared since I was in the Army back in’72, and those of you who are not scared are on the wrong side of this issue. No sane man, no weapon owner I know, ever wants to hurt anyone, and anyone who has ever pulled that trigger thinks about what his creator will say. God forbid it should happen again, I pray constantly admitting my fear to Him.

As I’ve said what happened is horrific but the left and der Fuehrer compounds this by using it to push an agenda. Yet, this feels like a setup for some future action, perhaps the controlled crash of the dollar as some have suggested.

Very sadly, there will be another Aurora or Sandy Hook and the left excited now, will froth and go beserk, there will be outright confiscation then.

I will NOT ever give a single weapon or mag to the government. God help me, I will fight them. We are close, very, very close.

Molon Labe

• thebronze says:

I understand what you’re saying Klingon and I understand where you’re coming from. But I, however, welcome it.

On the path we’re going, it’s the ONLY way to water that tree and get this country to where it SHOULD be.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!!!

2. A says:

That’s the thing…it will never be enough for them. These people are no different than mob enforcers. What you givem them is never enough. They always want more. From here on out every time there is an ‘incident’ we will all hold our breath, wonder, ‘is this the time they come for our weapons?’ One day it will be.

One thing we must all do is this: 2014 is the next major election cycle. We must begin preparing now. We must create lists of who voted for gun control and who stood up to tyranny like NY Senator Greg Ball and called this thing out for what it is – a political power grab. We must seek out like minded Citizens and we must unit – in the comments already you see some bickering….this is what they want. Divide and conquer.

3. SouthernRoots says:

New York’s state constitution does not contain a section for a right to bear arms. Does this revert to the 2nd Amendment?

Illinois does have a section; Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, Article 1, Sec. 22 Why haven’t there been any lawsuits?

Shouldn’t we treat the 1st Amendment the same way? Limit the types and amount of words any one person can use?

• Cole says:

There have been plenty of lawsuits in Illinois. Unfortunately the judges all the way up the appeals process are leftists. It takes a Supreme Court decision to settle matters. And they don’t hear many cases. Even then, the Chicago machine just ignores them. Or as Lisa Madigan is doing right now, filing bogus counter-suits to stay the time limit to craft new less strict gun laws as ordered by the Supreme Court.

• Rob Crawford says:

Did you see the text of the bill they tried to pass in Illinois? It starts out citing all the cases they lost and how the Supreme Court ruled that the 2nd Amendment protects and individual’s rights — then lays out regulations that quite clearly violate it.

• Klingonwork says:

Absolutely, you have it. While NY has their pens out, they should outlaw jet airplanes because they can be flown into buildings and hurt people, cars because drunks can drink and drive, if here in L.A. they had outlawed knives after Charles Manson, not a single person would ever have been murdered by one since 1968….this is how insanely absurd the logic is.

There seems to be a progressive mob mentality right now and the squeeky wheel gets the grease, but the real question is, will the GOP have the cajones to stand up for sanity? I left the GOP last year for not standing up to the left, and they have subsequently caved to der Fuehrer on several issues…but right now they need a victory and to be seen as solid not the limp wristed fancy boys they’ve become. They need to drop their pants and take inventory because the left pilfered some goods and have them on ice. Perhaps the ongoing conservative rebellion will bring them back to reality and maybe, just maybe they may discover it’s OK to be a man (tip o’ the hat to Hall of Manly Excellence).

We are very, very close to the tipping point and der Fuehrer seems oblivious to this.

Molon Labe

4. Chief661 says:

@Klingonwork You’ve said it better than I could. Part of my fear is a fear of the unknown. How will this go down if a ban is passed with an order for confiscation?

5. Allen says:

My guts are just turning upside down the more and more I think about what has and what is going to happen in our country. I never thought in my wildest dreams the citizenry would vote AGAIN for an avowed socialist/marxist president. We are not that far removed from the Reagan years yet, here we are. Once a mighty and revered power left to the hands of an Islamist sympathizer. I pray daily for our leaders, my family and the fate of our nation. God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are alive and well and this does give me a great sense of peace knowing that whatever happens is all in the Divine plan for mankind. Why it has to happen this way we will never know until we are with Him. This day and age is already and has been written since time began. Hard to wrap my brain around but He knows exactly what is going on and the wrath of our Creator is before us. However, I will fight, to the death for my beliefs and convictions because if i dont, my entire life has been a lie. God save us all and keep fighting the good fight. Pray for peace but prepare for war. Godspeed.

• Tonto says:

We DIDN”T vote the usurper back in….the election was fixed, rigged, whatever you want to call it. The last election may have been the last election that fooled us into thinking our vote counts in history. We may have sunk too far. That kind of “election fraud” has been SOP in Chigago and other places for a long time. Time to vote with bullets is coming soon.

• Klingonwork says:

I agree Tonto…hundreds of precincts in multiple states w/o a single Romney vote? Statistically that cannot happen…

I read if only 225k votes had gone the other way, socialist traitor Obama would not be prez.

• eddd7 says:

“I never thought in my wildest dreams the citizenry would vote AGAIN for an avowed socialist/marxist president”

That would be: muslim socialist/Marxist anti-American usurper acting as president.

“There are decades when nothing happens and there are weeks when decades happen.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

The decades have pass and the weeks are getting closer.

7. Chief661 says:

In recent years I’ve read several books on the history of Wiemar and post-Wiemar Germany. Looking at what is happening daily I think I now have a better understanding of how the people who knew what the Nazi’s were doing was wrong and illegal but were essentially powerless to fight them. Part of what I feel is frustration that this is so big I can’t make an impact and writing to my Congressman and Senator’s is totally ineffective since one of them is behind all this gun ban crap. As I read those books I wondered what, in their place, I would have done to fight back. It comes down to either the red states banding together to stop this, and/or individual states having the balls to fight the feds and say no, we will not enforce that law here. Failing that, one by one they will come for us with malice in their heart as they did in NOLA after Katrina passed. Disarm or die. Our call.

• HempRopeAndStreetlight says:

That assumes we are going to sit in our houses waiting for them to show up.

Proactive action is a b*tch, and 2:30 am raids work both ways.

8. Watt webb says:

I wrote pres obama today, to let him know if he moves against our constituional rights to bear arms, i would respectfully demand his impeachment,

I suggest everyone who agrees let him know, and you congressman of course

9. JDS says:

His impeachment, how about his freedom?

• Klingonwork says:

With the Senate controlled by idiots and Oil Can Harry, no impeachment will succeed regardless of the offense. It may tarnish der Fuehrer enough though to render him ineffective and limit the damage until things can change.

10. Tonto says:

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells that actually communicate with each other knows that our vote no longer means a darn thing. How long have we, with wishful thinking, elected officials that we thought would take charge and actually represent the people that voted for them, only to see our hopes and prayers crushed time after time? Taking the guns and rendering the general population defenseless is simply another step in the direction of totalitarian domination….of whatever form of government….socialist or capitalist.. The “elites” rule and the rest of us get to shut up and like it….or not.
    This is the time for a change….a time to change back to the “RULE OF LAW” as outlined by the Constitution and representation responsive to the people rather than the “campaign contributors”. With guns in our hands we can make it so. Without guns, we’re just slaves.

11. Chief661 says:

I faxed my personal letter to Diane Feinstein last night. I told her I will not comply with any new anti-Second Amendment laws she proposes or any EO from the man purporting to be the POTUS. He is not a King or Emperor in spite of what the fawning media and his sycophant followers believe. They are at my line in the sand; this far and no farther. I am not confident in the outcome, and the time may soon come to put up or shut up. I hope and pray that we all find the courage to resist this tyranny.