Rodney Kendrick forgot his oath

Written By: Bob - Feb• 05•13

I was born and raised right here in Kentucky. I served my country as a marksman and we were trained to use guns safely,” Kentucky resident Rodney Kendrick says in the ad, with his grandson Mason seated on his lap. “It’s unthinkable that guns meant for war could be used on civilians and children. As a gun owner and a veteran, I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep guns out of the wrong hands, because I know these guns. I know what they can do.

Senator Mitch McConnell is funded by the gun industry, and he opposes “common sense” reforms. Senator MCConnell, whose side are you on?

Rodney Kendrick says he served his country as a “marksman,” in a new progressive gun control ad, showing the picture below as some evidence of credibility.

Rodney Kendrick: danger close to the correcting fluid

Rodney Kendrick: danger close to the correcting fluid

It’s a cheap appeal to authority, and I’d frankly, I’d like to see his DD-214 if he’s going to cite his military expertise as the source of his credibility. Earning a markmanship ribbon in  Air Force basic training 50 years ago doesn’t make him a small arms expert. I’m not aware of Cold War typewriter jockeys being know for their gun smarts.

No wonder he can’t tell military small arms from civilian rifles.

I do know that real gun experts, 1,100 Green Berets, have signed a letter politely warning the government not to overstep their Constitutional bounds when it comes to their gun control schemes, with the quiet implication that they are quite capable of removing a government that no longer respects the rule of law. They did so because their oath is to the Constitution, not any specific government or Presidential Administration. Rodney Kendrick either never took such an oath, or conveniently forgot it.

Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of veterans do remember their oaths, and are still willing to give up their lives—or take others—if a corrupt federal government goes too far.

Tyranny is not welcome here.

Tread carefully.

1. Treker says:

Vichy collaborators will always arise in any conflict. There is a great divide coming . Those in law enforcement and military will have to decide between a steady paycheck and the US Constitution. Most unfortunately will decide to support our Dear Leader.

• Klingonwork says:

dang Treker…what have you got against Kim Jong-un?

• RiverRat says:

Being a tested combat veteran (Vietnam) I believe you’re sadly mistaken. Most of the military today are volunteer southern boys and girls who still take sworn oaths seriously.

• chowthen says:

The senior officers to staff or flag will follow the dear leader because they’re oblivious to the civilian world and live most of their lives in the military and obeying orders from the dear leader. They know nothing else besides being in charge and everyone else are below them.

2. Klingonwork says:

When I went through basic at Ft. Polk Lousiana, everyone got a marksman badge with only 2 requirements: you had to walk and chew gum and they didn’t have to be done simultaneously.

I would ask Mr. Kendrick, what alternative does he propose for keeping tyrants and dictators at bay? With what does he propose to protect and defend the Constitution? What will he use to protect his grandson when armed intruders come in?

I really detest this pandering to emotion and the pontificating.

Molon Labe

• eddd7 says:

Kendrick says; ““It’s unthinkable that guns meant for war could be used on civilians and children”.

I saw a movie once where only the government and police had “guns meant for war”.

It was called Schindler’s List.

• RiverRat says:

If you didn’t qualify the Navy or Marine Corps. (not corpses) as expert you were crap. People who’ve actually been in combat know this guy is a braind asshat!

• Klingonwork says:

So true…I was Army back then in ’71 and to graduate basic you had to be a mouth breather AND get at least marksman. Just for showing up and having a heartbeat, you got marksman. Marksman were relegated to KP, supply, secretarial pool, or cannon fodder school. Sharpshooters and experts were required to do anything else. Even AIT(advanced infantry) at the time required sharpshooter or better.

Mr. Kendrick, you sir appear to be replete with bovine excrement.

3. twolaneflash says:

It was the clerks that gave Hitler his power, forcing registration of guns with the typewriter brigade, followed by confiscation by the goon squads. Mr. Kendrick seems to want history to repeat in America. My son is one of those 1100 Green Berets, and I am one of those Promise Keepers who took the oath in 1969 at Fort Jackson, SC. This government would do well to check itself for overreach; it might draw back a bloody stump.

“I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep guns out of the wrong hands…”

Law abiding citizens are not the wrong hands!

Death before slavery!

• eddd7 says:

In fact – it is the law-abiding citizen gun owners and so-called NRA types who most want to “keep guns out of the wrong hands”.

It’s the .001% who give the responsible gun owners a bad name, unlike lawyers and politicians where 99% give the rest a bad name.

5. AFIraqVet says:

It’s too bad that we can’t personally ask Mr. Kendrick exactly what it is he thinks those guns can do. And as a fellow Air Force veteran who served in a combat zone (but not in direct combat), I’m also curious to know how he served as a “marksman” in his branch other than just getting a qualification ribbon. There are very few outlets for that (I can think of 2 tops), particularly in his era of service.

I think a DD-214 is the least he can do to back up his claims.

• Klingonwork says:

That’s what puzzle me…I can only speak for the Army side, the ancient Army side way way way back in the 70′s as my son would say.

How actually does one serve as a “marksman”? Marksman when I served was an award, not a job. As I’ve said, a heartbeat was the only qualification to get a “marksman” ribbon.

That’s a lot like the emergency room doctor saying he or she is qualified because at one time, he or she was a “student”. Huh?

Mr. Kendrick once again, me thinks you have passed your bovine scatance allowance for the month. Please check your…BS-O-Meter.

Say, wait a second, Mr. Kendrick how about you put up a lawn sign stating “gun free zone” at your grandson’s house.

Molon Labe

6. Tyler Woods says:

Some people are born stupid, others grow into it with age.

It’s up to the rest of us to hold things together.

1) Where are the citizens of the United States today — not just in terms of guns, but all personal freedoms and their relationship with government at all levels?

DC: We are slaves. The advantage the poor bastards being driven with whips to build pyramids and pick cotton had over us is they at least knew they were slaves. Most of our countrymen operate under the illusion they are “free.” Our freedoms and comforts are what are tolerated and the restraints are what can be placed on us without rupturing the illusion and risking a rebellion.

TL: I think a majority, even if a thin one, sees the government as a threat to their freedoms and liberties. I think because of TSA they feel bullied a little bit and discouraged, but I don’t think they really know what to do about it.

CW: There are no more citizens…..

Death before slavery, and if DC is right I reckon it is death or freedom!

8. Phoenix says:

Another must see video….

“Brian Lilley gives an important warning to his American friends: Registration of firearms will lead to the confiscation of firearms….

Death before slavery!

10. Chas says:

What a disgusting, typical communist, anti-capitalist rant! Talk about being co-opted by the Marxists! Revolting! The man has no understanding whatsoever!

11. BillC says:

As a 2Lt finishing pilot training in 1974, I got the opportunity to qualify in the M16 and managed to get marksman. To this day I don’t remember how. I ain’t overly impressed with Mr. Kendrick’s claim. However, I did shoot expert with the 20mm and 40mm cannon on the C-130 gunship. Does that make me an expert in this debate? Also, I am staying in a Holiday Inn Express tonight.

Coming to a business near you:

Death before slavery!

13. Critch says:

I spent 28 years in the Air Force and Air Guard and I can assure you he did not serve as a “marksman”. Our course of fire is and pretty much always has been a joke, especially in comparison to the Corps. This is verging on “stolen valor” to me….

14. LFMayor says:

Man, you guys had better be careful, don’t make him mad. This guy is a stone cold killer, probably has a paperclip ear necklace and everything!

15. R7 Rocket says:

Notice how nearly all the antigunners are old fogeys. It’s almost as if they are too old to understand new technology… such as 3d printers printing out gun parts downloaded from P2P servers.

Also, if “weapons of war” aren’t allowed for civilians, why should they be allowed for police? Who are they at war with? If its thugs, aren’t the civilians at war with the thugs also?

• Chris Mallory says:

The police are civilians. Civilians are government employees not in the military. If you are not employed by the government you are a citizen.

16. PJ says:

There are plenty of bootlickers in any population, including even veterans.