Don’t ask how many hobbits had to die

Written By: Bob - Mar• 13•13

I only regret that I didn’t have the cash on hand to pick up the other box.

Update: I forgot to mention that the Gander Mountain in Morrisville had some brand of march target .22LR—Eley Club, I think—but no one there at the time seemed willing to snatch it up… at $25 a box.

1. BillC says:

Obscene prices!

2. Jackdaddy63 says:

Look at that! A box of 22 long rifle. I haven’t seen one of those in forever!

3. Greg B says:

If I could FIND a bulk box of .22LR I’d be happy.
    Or 5.56.
    Or 9mm.
    As long as I’m dreaming.

4. Dogwood says:

I went to Walmart tonight at 10 p.m. I walked out at 10:17 with three 225-round boxes of 22 LR. $32 including tax. First boxes of 22 LR I have seen at my store since November.

Walked into walmart el mirage az at just the right time yesterday. 1000 rounds Winchester .22LR M-22 $48, 225 rounds Remington .22LR Golden bullet hollow points about $10, and Winchester 9mm 115 gr FMJ about $13.50, total expenditure just over $78. Today, they had 3 5-quart jugs Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic 5W-20 for $10 each, plus there is a $10 rebate on them, that I hope I can get. Shoulda played the lottery too. Just sayin, sometimes you get lucky………

6. Lex says:

When I knew back in 2008 that BHO was going to win the Presidency I went to Wallyword & bought them out of those very same 550rd Value packs. I proceded to buy one 550rd box ever other week since… until it dried up.

My grandchildren will have 22LR now. All safely stored away in ammo cans with dessicant in a cool, dry, secure place. That comes to around 58k of 22LR ammo for just over $1700.00 spread over 4+ years (roughly $32/month).

Folks, we are given a brain by our Heavenly Father. Please use it & prepare from here on out. We haven’t much time left.

• Klingonwork says:

Lex how I agree with you. Many at our church are prepping not afraid to say they are Christ followers and preparing. God, guns, and guts made this country free and it will make it free again some day. I want my grandchildren free.

Molon Labe

7. smitty says:

I remember-decades ago-picking up Rem. Thunderbolt 22LR 500rd bricks as low as $5.00, always way less than $10.00/brick.

I practice several times a week and that stuff still shoots great.

8. redleg says:

lucky I have 14k stored in my bunker

49.95 for 525 rounds of .22LR obscene

• Jason Roosevelt says:

I saw at a recent gun show a box of 22lr, 500 rounds for $100.00 No one was buying at that price. Dont know how the guy at that table thought he could have even sold one box. But that is greed for ya I guess.

9. david7134 says:

My wife wanted to learn something about guns. So she called the sheriff’s office and asked about the training course they hold. She got a spot for April, 2014.

10. A047 says:

Lead is the new Gold.

11. 10 cents a around for 22LR is disgusting.