EODerp: the tactical optic for the shoulder thing that goes up

Written By: Bob - Mar• 17•13
Introducing the NY SAFE-compliant, Andrew Cuomo-approved EODerp tactical optic. For derperators pretending to be operators.

Introducing the NY SAFE-compliant, Andrew Cuomo-approved EODerp tactical optic.

I first saw this on pdb a few days ago and shook my head at the cluelessness.

Sadly, cluelessness from even the “elite” happens more often than you would expect, and while stupidity isn’t often this obvious, I’m certain tactical officers around the nation roll-out with firearms that they are not familiar with, that they haven’t personally zeroed (or haven’t re-verified in months) on a routine basis. It could be one of the reasons police officers are such notoriously piss-poor shots with a far higher rate of hitting innocent bystanders than criminals.

What stuns me about this particular story is that it actually made the mainstream media, even if was the MSM from across The Pond.

A SWAT team in upstate New York is being mocked as an example of the difference between military and police training after an officer was captured peering through a backwards sight on his combat rifle.

As users on the military Reddit were quick to point out when the image was posted, the reverse sight makes it effectively useless.

Users mocked the SWAT officers training and some went so far as to question the motives of some of the men serving in local law enforcement.

The officer is using a ‘military style’ assault weapon with a close quarters combat sight that costs roughly $500.

‘It’s disturbing to think that 1) none of his buddies corrected it, and 2) he’s in a real-life situation with his optic on backwards, which means he’s never fired that rifle with the optic on it, which means it isn’t zeroed and he thought it was OK to show up to a gunfight with an unzeroed weapon,’ wrote one Reddit user.

You’re far less likely to find such a story originating from the U.S. mainstream media, as they are actively working to con the American people to give up their constitutional rights, insisting these “professionals” are the only people with the training to have firearms.

If American citizens understood just how poorly trained most police officers are with their increasingly militaristic weapons, they’d immediately demand cops be re-armed with revolvers only, and those preferably in rimfire.

1. R says:

Gross incompetence of the government class is nothing new; it warms the cockles of my heart if it ever comes down to The People versus the government.

2. Greg B says:

On another blog a couple people commented on how the guy crouched down has his helmet on. And the guy with the reversed optic and his bald buddy with the popped collar have their soft melon heads exposed.
    Geniuses they are.

• Bill says:

I was guessing he’s actually been shot at before. Full protection and smart enough to keep down. The other two? Meh.

3. Catseye says:

Actually if were up to me they’d be stuck with nightsticks and only nightsticks. No taser for you! Also is it just me or is the level of obvious incompetence getting worse.

• R says:

Anyone with any sense and decency and competence to be a decent cop has decided to avoid the career altogether as a result of thier nature having morphed from “officer of the peace” to “law enforcement,” wherein the laws are enforced without respect to their constitutionality, morality or validity.

• Angelika says:

I was just saying this to my BFF this morning. We have a cop living in the neighborhood and it makes me feel incredibly unsafe, especially since everyone around here knows my husband is a former Marine, and I know they assume we have weapons in the house.

4. A says:

clearly this is a guy who has never deployed to the Middle East to fight a real enemy. instead this guy he gets to ‘play’ soldier in his home country, is paid well, doesn’t have to worry about anyone shooting back at him and as a bonus gets to sleep in his bed every night, plus he gets free body armor from DHS.

Americans are the new enemy.

5. When the balloon goes up, SWAT will be the first to go down. They’re not trained to military thinking (some are); they’ll get ambushed responding.

You cannot go from a police to a military mindset without considerable training.

6. Real Deal says:

I don’t think you meant to type this Bob…

“It could be one of the reasons police officers are such notoriously piss-poor shots with a far higher rate of hitting innocent bystanders than civilians.”

I think you meant to say – “It could be one of the reasons police officers are such notoriously piss-poor shots with a far higher rate of hitting innocent bystanders than criminals.”

7. Les says:

Divide and conquer. Polls I have seen in Police periodicals indicate 95-98% (I’m winging it some, the polls are not in front of me.)support by STREET OFFICERS of the right to keep and bear arms for the the American Citizen, not just citizen police. Here, I am seeing a smearing with a broad brush of a lot of good people.

Hey, going back to the revolver (forget rimfire) and shotgun days wouldn’t be so bad if the Feds, Chinese, Mexican army, and others weren’t busy arming the Cartels and affiliate gangs.

Free body armor? I’ve paid for all of mine since the late 1970’s. I bought my latest “patrol rifle” from Walmart, and when working, like a lot of shift workers, I’m not sleeping at night. But even years back when I was in a lawsuit mandated SWAT team, (the department didn’t want one) there was no pretense we were military whatever we wore.

The picture may indicate a guy who was handed a rifle and told to pose there. If otherwise, Bob’s comments are spot on. No headgear indicates some there haven’t been really scared before, or they are really on break.

In small towns, SWAT is absolutely the red headed stepchild compared to Patrol (and has to be), time and money and training are minimal and often voluntary. Police have as much time to do extra stuff as anyone else. Then too, unlike the folks who CAN print their own money, the diminishing dollar and hard to get expensive ammo, does affect training and all other aspects of State, County and Local law enforcement.

Once again, this is typical divide and conquer (like pipe smokers vs cigarette smokers) which will bite all of us in the butt.

8. chowthen says:

It looks like an EO Tech then it’s put in reversed; however, if it’s a Chinese knockoff, most of their hologram sights are reverse from the EO Tech with a projection prism towards the shooter.