Poison Pill? CO gun ban would make standard pump shotguns illegal

Written By: Bob - Mar• 02•13

Never trust a fascist. The gun banning fanatics in Colorado’s state house have rammed through a bill worded in such a away that your average tube-fed pump shotguns such as the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 will be affected by the ban:

A pump or semi-automatic shotgun is the gun most hunters in Colorado use. It’s a gun state Sen. Greg Brophy, R-Wray, says could be banned under a bill that’s already passed the House and Gov. John Hickenlooper says he’ll sign.

“They’re coming after the standard shotgun,” Brophy told CBS4 Political Specialist Shaun Boyd.

Brophy points to a section of the bill that defines a high-capacity magazine as one capable of accepting or — that can be readily converted — to accept more than 15 rounds or eight shotgun shells.

“This is where shotgun shells go inside this tube here,” Brophy showed Boyd, “You can screw this part off the top and screw on an extender to this tube to allow it to hold more than eight rounds. It is readily convertible, which by definition in the bill, makes the whole thing a high-capacity magazine.”

Any shotgun with a screwed on magazine cap violates the ban as written. Democrats push for bans beyond their stated goals with every law they aim at taking down the Second Amendment. Colorado needs to put Governor Hickenlooper on notice that they are aware of Democratic tricks, and he needs to veto this bill.

1. Al Reasin says:

Here is the link to view the Maryland HB 294 gun control hearing in the House of Delegates Joint Hearing Room.

The video runs 15:29:36 hours from 12 am yesterday; so they went past 3 am it would seem. Well organized; much better than the House of Lords hearing as the final witness said.

The most interesting exchange was with the Sheriffs and a gentleman from Puerto Rico, They were called to speak at 3:37:23. The gentleman from Puerto Rico said the more restrictive law than this bill in his homeland still saw 1200 murders from smuggled in weapons. As he said, the US has a drug problems from smuggling of drugs. He left open the suggestion that the gun smuggling in Puerto Rico could be replicated in MD.

The NRA Rep, who was very good, is at 1:07:40. I talked to her at some length before we were let in and the NRA will not tell her of a plan B if the bill passes. I asked her about the NRA support for a petition process. She had no info. I gave her a verbal message to pass on to her management about needing grassroots
    support on the petition.

My panel was called at 5:09 into the video. I was the first regular citizen to sign up and it took over 5 hours for me to be called to speak. Politicians, political ideological friends of Delegates and experts are signed up via Delegates to speak and get first call.

2. Mudlark says:

The founders knew the Constitution would only work if the Americans were a virutous people. It doesn’t work today because a significant per centage of the people have gone down the same road as those who elected Hitler. And now there is an American Fuhrer.

Can the camps be far behind. He has all ready designated his kulaks and jews.

3. Jay352 says:

The laws they pass are moot.We are all the Irish now, even if some are only honorary. Hope you enjoy.

4. Orion says:

I hope they pass it.

I want them to pass every Statist wet-dream they have as quickly as possible so that people wake the #$@% up and act.

5. Max says:

I’m with you Orion. Let’s not do piecemeal. Get the stones to pass a bill that includes everything and ram it through. Let there be no doubt in their intentions. So we can move on and get down to business.

6. Klingonwork says:

A clear violation of the 2nd ammendment, and it will accelerate from here as lust of power propeled us into an era of rule by emotion. Absolute power has corrupted the left absolutely but as previously noted, remember Mussolini and Ceaușescu.

Was at a show today in California where ammo vendors are expecting to sellout again with 2 hour waits just to buy ammo. Panic buying of EVERYTHING in high gear…think of shelves emptying during a grid down situation, that is what I saw. Hardly any attention being paid to vintage arms, craft people, or jerky sellers. Few mostly elderly anti-gun protestors showed up but were guarded by law enforcement. Have begun to see very slight lights of hope in ammo reappearing sparsely though. 223 or 556 still non-existant in So. Calif. The minute a single round hits the shelves its gone.

Have noticed a sea change in the attitude of pro-gun side here…everyone ready for the 2nd American revolution and pissed, very pissed. They are universally angry at the trashing of the ammendments. Met two WWII vets today at show ready to fight again and train those willing in tactics. One lively vet who had served in the European theatre in his late 80’s stated he felt ashamed to be called an American today …my heart went out to him because he is an honorable man and a hero. I understand him…40 years ago I offered my life for this country I love so much and watched as der Fuehrer and illogical emotion have destroyed that most beautiful of all flags.

I want my country back and I’m willing to fight and risk my life again to get it back for my grandchildren. I want them to feel real emotion as the stars and bars goes by in a parade, I want my grandson to feel the honor and reverance protrayed by John Wayne in his movies, I want him to feel the responsibility of protecting the free world since we have been so richly blessed by God himself for founding our country on God’s principles. I am proud to say God, guns, and guts made our country free and with his help it will be again.

Molon Labe

• Phelps says:

As we say here in Texas, Remember the Alamo.

• Orion says:

Remember that didn’t work out all that well for the folks inside the Alamo.

I prefer Remember Guadalcanal. A long, messy, tough fight – that the good guys won in the end.

7. David says:

If this bill passes then perhaps its the spark that starts the Revolution. Since the pussies in New York didnt have the stones to stand up to their Communist Governor.

It’s almost time to start voting from the rooftops.

• Orion says:

Wait and see. The fact that they haven’t started shooting yet doesn’t mean that they’re not out there preparing the battlespace.

Only a fool fights on ground and at a time of his enemies’ choosing.

• LC Scotty says:

You’re certainly welcome to come show us NY pussies how it’s done.

8. Steve Skubinna says:

They know what they’re doing. If they could they’d restrict us to single shot rifles and break action shotguns.

And then they’d take those away too.

It’s just like the assholes in Olympia, WA who keep introducing a law allowing local law enforcement to inspect the homes of “assault weapon” owners. When called on it they look surprised and say “Well how did that get in there? I swear I didn’t write that!

Except they’ve tried it at least three times by now.

9. Parker says:

Colorado used to be a predominately red state, the invasion of Californians escaping California and illegals has changed the state. I too hope this passes and enough people wake up to the statists real agenda.

10. John Cunningham says:

Comrade Urkel and his politburo should remember how his soul brothers Mussolini and Ceaucescu ended up. time tog get ready for some Alabama windchimes?