Colt: You can go to Hell, we’re going to Texas

Written By: Bob - Apr• 08•13

Colt Manufacturing hasn’t left Connecticut yet, but the a gun company that licenses the name is moving from fascistic Oregon in what many view as a trial balloon before the entire company flees the anti-liberty northeast:

Sources say Colt Competition will move into a large vacant industrial space on the north side of town, previously used by Karsten Homes to manufacture mobile homes.

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.

Update: Per Tam in the comments, the company in question is just a licensee, and not affiliated with the Colt mothership… which means this entire blog post is pretty pointless.

1. Richard says:

Hey, I resent the Oregon comment. Yeah Portland politicians suck but we have some of the best gun laws in the country. We have open/concealed carry. Only restrictions on carry with a CHL is prison and courtroom. SBR, SBS and automatical, and silencers are also permitted. We also have state preemption. There is the usual gun control circus in Salem but it never amounts to anything.

Richard, I’m not the one that made the decision to leave. Obviously the folks at Colt Competition saw a better business environment in Texas, with less chance of their products being outlawed.

• Steve says:

But you were the one that used the term “fascistic”.

You might want to know more before making comments like that.

Progs are currently pushing four gun control bills in Oregon. If you want to believe that has no bearing on their decision to leave, you are welcome to that opinion. I’ve yet to see a gun company moving towards such a state.

• Richard says:

I get what you’re saying, Democrats in Oregon think capitalist are all greedy and eat unborn babies for breakfast. So tax wise its a great decision and from a gun culture perspective its great. Every year we have to go throug Portland Democrats pushing gun bills that will never pass but gives us all heartburn.

I just wanted to say that at this time I think Oregon has some of the best gun laws in the country.

• Joel C says:

Was only a few weeks ago I could say the same about Colorado. Watch your back, Richard, the times are bad.

2. Thomas says:

Save america, buy a colt.

3. Fu#kObama says:

No state income tax, right to work, pro 2A, Taxeas sounds like a good place for them to relocate to.

4. jhstuart says:

“One of the biggest problems the South had in the War Between the States was the lack of manufacturing capability for military goods. I appreciate the efforts of Michael Bloomberg and his cabal of liberty-hating fascists to reverse that trend.”

Well said.

5. I like Bloomberg and Schumer’s convoluted ‘strategy’ which will eventually drive all of the firearms manufacturers South of the Mason Dixon Line. The next thing that needs to happen, is native North Carolinian’s need to focus on their state in order to keep it from becoming the Massachusetts of the South.

6. Hairball says:

Now we just need to convince RRA, Armalite, DSA, Springfield Armory and S&W do the same thing. Why the hell are those companies still in commie states?

7. Jeff Hall says:

Hey, Oregon, when I drive from Colorado to Washington state for the annual PITA Grand Pacific trapshoot, I have to stop before I enter, and not only take the magazine from my pistol, but I have to then take the rounds from the magazine. Yeah, real reasonable. Think again. I guess I can just throw the separated components at any perp. Oh, yeah, I can’t reach them readily. Um, is there a gun free zone in the vicinity?

• Dan Atwater says:

Not if you’re a resident. And open carry is legal, resident or not. (Which is illegal in Texas, but Oregon is still “fascistic.” I see.)

8. Tam says:

Colt Competition is not a division of Colt’s Mfg.

It is an independent builder of competition-oriented AR-platform rifles that licenses the Colt’s name.