Maryland, Connecticut pass sweeping gun control laws. Will major gun companies leave now that their products have been made illegal?

Written By: Bob - Apr• 04•13

Leftists in Connecticut and Maryland have pushed through extreme and unconstitutional gun laws in the past 24 hours. The question now becomes whether or not firearms manufacturing companies in those locations will now leave states which will not allow their employees to own the very guns they build for American citizens.

Colt, Marlin, Mossberg, Stag Arms, and Sturm Ruger are major firearms manufacturers in Connecticut.

Beretta USA is based in Maryland.

Both states boast smaller but important niche manufacturers and suppliers.

Of these companies, Colt, Ruger, Stag, and Beretta are immediately affected by the gun bans (they make evil “assault rifles” under Maryland and Connecticut laws), and Mossberg makes competition shotguns (like this one) that also run afoul of the law.

Beretta has mentioned in the past that they will leave if Maryland passes draconian gun control, and stated “Berettas don’t bluff.” If so, we should expect the see world’s oldest gun company packing up and moving their American operations to a free state sometime soon.

Colt likewise shutdown one day and took employees to protest the Connecticut ban, but I’m not sure if they’re seriously committed to leaving the state.

It will be interesting to see if the companies listed above, as well as smaller gun companies in these states, are merely talking the talk of defending liberty, or if they are willing to incur the expense of moving to a free state where they won’t have to be ashamed of the products they make.

1. joe says:

I suffered through all those hearing and votes in annapolis and it was terrible.

One company that really hasnt been mentioned is ADCOR in Baltimore who is in the running to build the new rifles for the Army

2. Steve D. says:

Do the laws exempt manufacturers and distributors? If not, it seems to me they would be forced to leave the state, or entirely retool their product line. You can’t make or ship an “assault weapon” or a high-cap magazine without being in possession of it. Everyone on the assembly line could become a felon simply by showing up to work, and every other employee could be busted for conspiracy.

They have no choice but to leave.

3. Fu#kObama says:

Please leave and relocate to states that have right to work. The labor unions and DNC have conspired to destroy liberty and especially the 2nd Amendment.

So why stay in states that support the destruction of your business, why allow labor unions to be used as money laundering scheems to further support those elected officials who abuse power and destroy liberty.

Move and move now and take the tax base with you. Your firms will receive support from law abiding gun owners and your sales will more than make up for the cost to move.

What is the cost of freedom, move now to preserve the freedom we have left before the labor unions and the DNC destroy what liberties we have left.

“Connecticut leaders have just released plans for their upcoming anti-Second Amendment legislation, or what I like to call, “feel good legislation.” Connecticut it not alone, my beloved state of Maryland and its fearless leader, Martin O’Malley, are not far behind.

What most news headlines fail to note is that the governors of both of these states, and those in other anti-gun parts of the U.S., are setting themselves up for treason by not upholding the Constitution they swear to protect….

Death before slavery!

• Kevin Kehoe says:

This is Treasonous, Dictatorial Legislation not Feel good.
      Unlawful, Illegal and War Like in its Passage, implementation and eventually its execution.

5. No2GunCtrl says:

They should all head to the safe confines of Free States where they continue their fine work work.

As an aside: I think Marlin moved all of its manufacturing to Illion, NY (another slave state). It would be a plus if the Freedom Group decided to pull out of there!

6. Real Deal says:

Well we need to get the lawsuits started. Personally I’m going to boycott MD business. PA & DE is where I’ll be spending my money in the future. Owe-Malley can take long soak in the Harbor IMO.

• Kevin Kehoe says:

Lawsuits my ass, go to the Scum who write it dream it and do it guys and gals who care not one whit for you .

Right like they will shit where they eat.

7. Klingonwork says:

America is dead and the left has used the Constitution to wipe it’s ass…

This is not going to reverse until we have a major reset, so prepare.

Molon Labe

8. nitesites says:

I hope they all move to Texas! We love em down here and we have the skilled labor to do the work. Hell, bring everybody it’s cheaper than living up in wherever you are now. Only requirements are you must get a concealed handgun license, go hunt and fish all you want, camp and avoid Yankees for a year.

• louielouie says:

why are there so many anti-gun videos and links on the dallas morning news website?

• Mark R says:

Would you expect a “media outlet” to have an NRA link?

Oh, and to all gun manufacturers and associated companies, please come to Texas. You will be warmly welcomed here.

9. Charlie Hargrave says:

I, for one, am closely watching which companiespack up and movefrom the states that are passing these insane laws.

The companies that move their operations will be the companies I buy guns and supplies from.

10. Buddy says:

If they don’t move then they should be boycotted. I no longer attend gun shows that forbid concealed carry on premises. Why would I support people who say they are pro gun rights but participate in anti gun rights? I asked someone about that once and they said it was due to insurance issues. I said they needed to get a different insurance provider. He looked at me like I was crazy. I urge others to boycott places, especially gun shows, that don’t allow concealed carry.