The new Boston Massacre

Written By: Bob - Apr• 15•13

Six hours after the first bomb went off, it is still too early to claim we have a great grasp of today’s events in Boston, but there are some things we can claim with relative certainty.

• The explosions were indeed bombs.
  • Two detonated near the finish line at the end of the Boston Marathon.
  • Relative to the sort of bombs we’re used to seeing in attacks oversees, the bombs that did detonate were relatively small, weak, and crude, yet still effective due to the density of the crowd.
  • Hospitals confirm several fatalities. There are many victims in critical condition, and more than 130 reported injured.
  • authorities are looking at multiple “persons of interest,” but there are no confirmed suspects, and no arrests.
  • the people of Boston, from runners to bystanders to first responders to medical and military personnel performed brilliantly and selflessly.
  • Conspiracy theorists of all stripes discredited themselves tremendously today, most of whom were associated with the mainstream and alternative media.

Beyond this, most of what we are hearing from the media is based up anonymous officials merely relaying rumors they have heard.

Pray for the victims. They are real.

Then tune out. Do Something Else. Watching pundits who know no more than you do (and quite possibly less) helps no one.

1. Junk Science Skeptic says:

Within just a few hours of the attack, ABC was already “speculating” (read: accusing) that those who who dare question the supremacy of statism were behind the bombing.

While their coverage was blaring on a nearby TV, I mentioned that it wouldn’t be the end of the day before ABC would be accusing their political opponents of the attack. Within less than ten minutes, lo and behold, the first accusation was made.

2. emdfl says:

And remember if we (the .gov/media – BIRM) refuse to say the word “t——-m”, what ever happened.
    And we can depend on our media arm to give us cover on this(and anything else we ask or expect them to do for us).

3. Fu#kObama says:

Imam Obama says ‘justice will be served’… right, the same justice that the Ft. Hood victims received with the Imam pinning a award on Major Nadal Hassan’s chest and calling him a true hero defending pigslam against the infidels.

4. Neo says:

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it’s just a training exercise,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He’s been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

“Evidently, I don’t believe they were just having a training exercise,” Stevenson said. “I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in.”

This sure makes it sound like inappropriate sexual activity with a small dog.

5. Big Country says:

Bob: Re your commentary “the bombs that did detonate were relatively small, weak, and crude, yet still effective due to the density of the crowd.”

I have to argue against that. In my professional opinion, seeings that it’s mostly ball bearing injuries, the lack of cratering at the detonation points, all points to either Claymores or home made improvised claymore directional antipersonnel mines. Google M-18A1 or MON-50 for the two most popular types… Add on the large number of immeadiate amputations (10 on the scene at last count) and it reeeks of either a Claymore or Claymore-like device. The M-18A1 has a minimal amount of C-4 impregnated witha a ball bearing matrix that causes massive shredding of the targets.

Also, witnesses so far have stated that the explosions were “sharp cracks” or “sounded like lightening”… these are characteristics of the sound of a Claymore… having used them extensively in my career, and having seen what they can do (in Iraq in crowds) I’d say that its a good bet. I’ll be curious to see what the ‘other’ devices were that were found and disarmed…

BC, I’ve heard several accounts of a smell like sulphur in the smoke, which made me suspect it was gunpowder.

I figured the lack of cratering was due to the claim that the bombs were dumped into those large, heavy duty trash cans and that the blasts simply followed the path of least resistance, which would have (presumably) flattened the bottom of a steel can against the ground, and directed the blast up and out.

Have you seen photos of wounding patterns that would suggest a directional blast?

The thought of claymores being used chills me, as it suggests far more sophistication than I was expecting.

I’ll keep that in mind as I scan stories and photos for more clues.

6. louielouie says:

i can still remember, within hours of 9/11, the, even then, lame stream media, were claiming that repeated showings of the “incident” was harmful to young viewers.
    you won’t hear that now.

7. Jacob McCandles says:

I would be interested concerning the claymore, does it have that volume of smoke when detonated. My first thought when I saw the explosions is that is a lot of smoke just like you would see from a black powder explosion. And if somebody was smelling sulfur then I wonder more. That would be a crude bomb.

8. jollyrogers says:

Picked up this link on (direct link: He has some initial thoughts based on visual evidence of the blast. Interesting observations.