A Nation in Need of a Redeclaration of Independence

Written By: Bob - Jun• 07•13

declaration-of-independence-and-a-feather

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness…

When was the last time you really read the Declaration of Independence? I’m not talking about skimming over it superficially, or searching for a part of it to quote. I’m asking you: when was the last time you read the Declaration of Independence in the context of the momentous statement of rebellion, resolve, hope and defiance of those brave souls committing treason, punishable by torture and death, against their King?

You probably haven’t. I haven’t.

I invite you to do so now. Stop after every sentence. Consider the personal destruction guaranteed in every syllable if they failed.

Each and every man signing this Declaration was not only risking his own life by authoring and signing it. He was singling out his wife and daughters for possible rape and murder, his sons for torture and death. His relations would become pariahs, shunned by those who swore allegiance to the crown. By signing this document each and every man was all but promising the end of his bloodline, the destruction of his home, ostracism from his friends, and taking up the mantle of a traitor and terrorist.

Seriously. Read it.

Then think solemnly on this over the weekend, and what you are willing to sacrifice so that your children will have freedom.

I know I will.

I have a copy of it (along with a copy of the constitution) I picked up at Monticello years ago that I carry and refer to often.

The final line says it all:

…And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.”

That is what I also pledge to any others who will stand for liberty & freedom!

Death before slavery!

• rasputin says:

Comrade,

Given that we’re already slaves, you might want to change your tagline.

• Comrade X says:

Slaves don’t own guns and as long as I do; I will be still alive and not a slave!

Death before slavery!

2. Real Deal says:

After reading the list of grieveances I can’t say that we have been so provoked as our Founding Fathers and the people they represented. We’re getting there, but not yet.

The other thing is that the men signing the Declaration represented their States. Our Senators and Representatives lack the stones to lead us in such a manner. The GoP has no spine, and many of them are more swine who rufuse to leave the trough.

This part of the Declaration is the heart and soul of America, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

• bloodyspartan says:

Then you are an Imbecile or Coward. Cops Kill over 400 a year or so. Shoot dogs, the Food is poisoned, making all Americans over time sick and dependent of Meds.
      We are watched Constantly , Kids are dragged of school busses and made to piss in their pants.

Future men that is , we are way past what are forefathers would have put up with .
      Our troops are indoctrinated and crucified for doing the right thing, Muslim are codified Christians are villied, Need I go on. Maybe you are just confused.

MY mom was murdered in the Hospital and all the doctors and nurses said the GOvt. does not want this our your govt. does not want that.

She is Old , She had a good life but excuse me are they clairvoyant?

Please wake up and smell the Shit you are shoveling.

Time to do our duty and destroy the enemy, as he is destroying us.

OUR Declaration tells us our duty and authorizes us., I need know no more.

• bloodyspartan says:

Still if you are confused GOD BLESS you and I hope he opens your BLoody EYES.

• Real Deal says:

No sir you are the imbecille and probably in need of meds to control your paranoia.

400 people per year in a nation of 316 million. That’s less than .00012% of the population. We need to keep an eye on the police for abuses I’d agree, but I’m not particularly alarmed by those numbers. Especially since about the same amount drown in swimming pools each year.

Food is poisoned…not gonna touch that. Sounds a little tinfoil hat-ish to me.

Dude cameras are everywhere these days. Give me a group of 400 people and I bet 98% of them have cameras on their person. Not for invasion of privacy myself, but unless you’re into having the Butlerian Jihad the technology is here to stay.

Schools are run by the state and/or county. see your local officials about those grievances.

Now you’re getting into stuff that we can discuss. Yes our military is being significantly altered. The culture is being changed so that the traditional sources (flyover country, rural America) will dry up as they leave the service and no longer encourage their children to serve. To what end? I know what I think, though I apparently pissed in some people’s corn flakes by stating so on another site.

Can’t speak on the situation involving your Mom, seems like its part of your personal issues.

It seems most people can’t get through the list of greivances but I can say this:

1) I nor anyone I know have not had to quarter any troops in my home.
        2) I nor anyone I know have not been pressed into fighting against my fellow Americans.

and that’s just a couple.

As I’ve said before I’m not sure some people have really thought about what it would mean. What the reality would be, not some fantasy you’ve concoted in your head, but the very real consequences. And finally What Next? What happens if you succeed? What are you going to do with/about 100 million Liberals?

3. Greg B says:

But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security.

^^^^this^^^^

4. Rob says:

I have read it. It’s one of my major complaints about Americans now, their absolute apathy in regards to the gift so heavily sacrificed for, not only by soldiers, but by the men whose signatures appear on that parchment. The list of grievances is only but a pithy shadow of the outrageous offenses committed by this government today, and not only do we not see Americans willing to make the sacrifices they once made to secure their liberty, they’re not even outraged, or worse, even concerned. The cable tv is still on, everything must be ok. It sickens me, for NOTHING in this world, not things, not money, not family, not my life, not ANYTHING, is equivalent in value to my liberty. My life is only a shell of servitude, a life that cannot hope to be lived, without liberty. I would stake everything I AM just for the CHANCE to earn it.

As they did.

5. Cleburne says:

The government is well organized. We, individual citizens, must likewise become organized and establish means of communication that Big Brother isn’t privy to. It will take men of strong will, preferably with military training, to lead the way when the time comes.

6. Nate says:

Here’s what we need. A TV commercial. Starring each one of the still-patriotic Republican Governors. Each one staring directly at the user. Each one reading one line of the Declaration of Independence. String each clip together so the entire document is read, from beginning to end. Cap the ending with a simple black background showing Obama with words like “Benghazi”, “IRS”, “Fast and Furious”. End scene.

7. Neo says:

Perhaps, we should “sunset” the entire USC

8. JB says:

As someone reminded me, it was the Continental Army that made us free.

All this will fall upon deaf ears to the masses and only the Remnants, unorganized and inarticulate, will be able to correct the path after the inevitable collapse.

who wants popcorn?

9. Scott B. says:

“We deserve what we tolerate.”

The above quote came from the pulpit earlier this week. God help us.

• Col Bat Guano says:

“What terms more rigid and humiliating could have been dictated by remorseless victors to conquered enemies? in our circumstances to accept them, would be to deserve them.”

T. Jefferson

From the Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking up Arms

10. Yuri says:

And they were capable of speaking and organizing freely, as they were in (or able to be in) the same physical location. Additionally, they had a territory to defend — a physical locus in which they could live and fight, meet, communicate, organize, and plan, and the which would be an actual physical place where the new republic would hopefully be.
    Unless our newer free nation is goin to exist in cyberspace, we’re already defeated. No one is organized, free communication is impossible, no one can develop a plan for success, and, most importanly, no one has a plan for what success would look like or WHERE a new free nation would exist. All because the patriot movement is spread across the country rather than concentrated into a single location, and because the patriot movement consists of those who think an armchair/mom’s basement revolution is possible and those civilian and ex-military Rambo’s who think that a new nation conceived in liberty will spontaneously arise from the actions of disparate and unorganized bands of guerillas each with their own agendas and each carrying out their own random and cockamamie shemes of destruction and chaos.

Before declaring independence from this current tyranny, is it too much to ask that someone explain WHERE this independence will exist? Stating a general support of the ideal of liberty is NOT the same as being independent. The first criteria of independence is SEPARATENESS.

So, where is it? Where will it be? If it’s just in the hearts and minds of patriots, guess what, … that’s where it will stay — right into the unmarked and unmourned graves.

Any suggestions better than declaring yourself a target under the misconception that you’re declaring a war of independence?

Our founding fathers were willing to risk life, liberty, and sacred honor FOR something. Something tangible. Before you expect the same commitment, you must offer (not personally, but generally) some tangible something to risk FOR. Otherwise a new Declaration of Independence is nothing more than a Declaration of Suicide By Jackboot.

• bloodyspartan says:

We need no new Declaration, we just need to do our Duty and the Individual Freedom it guarantees will take care of the Rest.

Sounds like all we should/can do is dust off the white flags and oil the locks on our chains!

All I can say is there are some of us who are organizing, we made not be the “Committees of Correspondence” let’s say cause we prefer ball caps to tricorne hats but we do share many other things in common.

Instead of focusing on becoming slaves we are focusing on preparing to be free and staying that way.

One other thought, our forefathers gave us the way in our constitution to change things & get back on the right track again; in Article 5 (Constitutional Convention), hopefully this is done before the shooting starts (which will either assure it or prevent it) because it surely will be done (Constitutional Convention) afterwards!

Death before slavery!

• lineman says:

Just one town of ten thousand or more could reignite the passion for liberty…Do you think ten thousand could come together to make a Patriot stronghold….The Citadel is trying but I don’t even think they will be able too…If only I had the money I could build a town for Patriots that would be a beacon of light and liberty….I don’t think I’m going to win the lottery though so I guess I will keep trying locally to wake people up….

12. Col Bat Guano says:

No Bob, don’t read it, write your own copy! Write a copy of the DoI, the Constitution and a lesser know Document by the name Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking up Arms

13. DavidD says:

Recall that the war had been going on for 15 months already when the Declaration was issued; the Continental Army that JB credits traces its birth to 1775.

14. […] Bob Owens discusses a redeclaration of Independence […]

15. Glen Harness says:

I would suggest that when he prosecuted the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln invalidated the “Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government”. Lincoln prevented the Southern states, by force, from leaving the Union and instituting a new government.

16. BFD says:

I have read it and actually have read it to my sons.
    But this nation and its controllers label us as kooks when we qoute our founding documents. What are we to do? Are we now a voice in the wilderness?