Is Kahr the next funmaker to flee for freedom?

Written By: Bob - Jun• 20•13

The Pocono Record Says Kahr, owners of the Thompson, Auto Ordnance, and Magnum Research Lines, is leaving New York for Pennsylvania:

A gun manufacturer is considering buying the entire 620-acre Pike County business park for $2 million to escape an unfriendly gun climate in New York.

Kahr Firearms Group would move its corporate headquarters from in Pearl River, N.Y., to Pike County, bringing a some 100 jobs, company spokesman Frank Harris said.

“We were ready to sign a deal in rural Orange County, N.Y. But when the governor passed stricter gun control, it made it tough to continue on that path, so we jumped over the river,” Harris said.

“New York has become very unfriendly to people in the gun business. We feel like we are being treated like criminals in New York. That is one of the reasons we are coming to Pennsylvania.”

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo rammed through a blatantly unconstitutional¬† NY SAFE Act, and is losing Kahr and its tax revenues as a result. It couldn’t happen to a more fitting tyrant.

Note: Yeah, I meant “funmaker.”

1. Angrymike says:

Fools, all of them……………Good luck to Kahr……..posted, thanks………;-)

2. Lazarus Long says:

Kahr will be sorry for choosing Penn. They should move farther south or west. PA is just on the cusp of going full Proggy.

• Real Deal says:

I’d have to agree here. While Pennslytuckey (I see more Confederate flags north of the Mason Dixon than I do south of it) is alive and well in the smaller towns the large population centers bleed blue.

3. Real Deal says:

Kind of off topic but I have a question for Bob and other readers who can help.

I’m not ignorant of firearms but my knowledge tends towards the pump, lever, break open, and bolt action varieties with some knowledge of revolvers and semi-auto pistols. I’m working on (better late than never right?) scraping the cash together for a semi-auto rifle, what might be some good sites that I can close the gaps in my knowledge?

For example, things like Articulating Link Piston System vs. a Direct Gas System, what are the differences and advantages of each? What the heck is a side charger and why might I want one? I saw this on the ASA site from the article yesterday, tried to google it and got links for the item or links to discussion groups that discussed them but on a level that the readeer already knew the purpose of the side charger. This made me realize there were LARGE holes in my knowledge of semi-auto rifles. So any sites out there that you’d reccomend? I don’t quite need a “Semi-Auto Rifles for Dummies” more like a “Semi-Auto Rifles for the Not Completely Ignorant”. I say semi-auto rifles as I don’t have my heart set on an AR-15 variant but am also looking at other types of rifles like the M1.

4. Juliesa says:

Good for Kahr, although it’s too bad that NY has gone full commie. My carry gun is a Kahr pm9 that I’ve had for years. Good quality little pistol.

5. Exo says:

So what about their facilities in Worcester, MA? MA is pretty awful on gun laws too, and there are 54 gun bills in the legislature this year.

6. Dick (@DicksTrash) says:

Pennsylvania? That awfully short sighted.