Ignorant: U.K. Daily Mail encourages Sandy Hook Truthers with claim Adam Lanza used two pistols in school massacre

Written By: Bob - Jul• 01•13
Screencaps are forever.

Screencaps are forever.

This sort of irresponsible conspiracy-mongering ticks me off:

Gun obsessed Lanza killed 20 young children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, in December, last year.
The 20-year-old first shot his mother Nancy four times in the head before the rampage began – the worst school killing in American history.

Lanza used two semi-automatic pistols, a Glock and Sig Sauer before taking his own life.

Adam Lanza killed 27 people with an AR-15 before eating a single 10mm bullet from the Glock. The Sig was never fired. This is settled fact, not in dispute, despite the idiots that can’t tell a shotgun being unloaded in his car from a AR-15.

1. so2001 says:

Or the people that can’t do research and learn that Sandy Hook is not the worst school massacre in American history.

2. westie says:

The Lanza photo was photo shopped. Sorry Bob, one day you will realize that you were a sucker to believe anything about this faux event in SH CT!

3. B says:

Is it settled? Facts all in order?

Yer sure of that?

‘Cause there are a LOT of inconsistencies that really point to other conclusions.

I doubt very strongly that we have been given all the “facts”. Way too many holes in the story and too many things that fail the smell test

You can swallow whatever you wish, however.

4. Catseye says:

Worst school killing was in Bath Michigan around 1929 I believe. The guy used bombs, was on the school board so he had plenty of access, and also went after first responders.

5. Right_2_Bear says:

I attribute this to sloppy journalism more than conspiracy. For the most part UK papers are doing the work that the US papers used to. They are still liberal rags but at least have some curiosity of Democrat shenanigans instead of blindly towing the Democrat line.

On a side note, mollycoddling the public (be it by government or free press) for the sake of protecting the people from “offensive” details is a sure way to enable the schemers and is not something the founding fathers would have approved of.

6. Steven says:

Serious question, because I honestly don’t know:

I have heard conflicting reports that he used an AR-15 in the press, and other press reports that he only used a pistol.

What is KNOWN and how can I find out?

Much thanks for informing me :)

ONE idiotic news report for early in the day said pistols were used. It was almost immediately corrected. Conspiracy theorists want to blame this on some sort of a false flag operation. No credible people have said any gun was used on the staff,faculty, and students other than the Bushmaster AR-15.

• Ned Ludd says:

Accualy FIVE on scene news crews quoted police as saying two pistols where used and the rifle was in the car. No photo or film of tha AR being removed from the school. Did someone screw up their lines?

• Rob Crawford says:

No, Ned, the police they were quoting had inaccurate information. It happens.

7. CAMPBELL says:

I don’t believe Lanza killed anybody, he was the patsy

8. Torqued says:

Umm, no. There is NO settled fact about this governmental bs. Have you seen ANY paperwork, video, ANYTHING?

9. JayJay says:

Bob, I loved your blog until this ridiculous post. I’m afraid this bookmark will be deleted.

• Tucker says:

I agree with JayJay. This assertion, which openly supports the lie told by the Obama White House about the AR rifle being used – has totally destroyed any credibility that Bob Owens might have ever had.

April 17, 2013
      NEWTOWN — Contradictory to all of the reports, officials now say that 4 handguns were recovered from the school, and only handguns. No AR-15 “assault rifle” was used in the shootings as originally reported by media and police.”

Obama, Biden, and Holder tried to spirit the AR rifle out of the car and into the school, because they wanted to use their Sandy Hook false flag op to demonize private ownership of AR style rifles by American citizens, and then use this incident as a pretext to try to ban them. Same agenda that these three treasonous rats were pursuing with their fast and furious gun smuggling operation where they sent straw purchasers into American gun stores to buy these AR and AK types of rifles and then put them into the hands of Mexican drug cartel assassins, intending them to be used to kill innocent people and then be traced back to the American gun dealers.

Come on Bob. You can’t be that dumb. Obama-Biden-Holder-Feinstein-Schumer-Bloomberg – these rats are OBSESSED with finding or manufacturing an excuse they can use to take semi-auto rifles away from law abiding American citizens. They telegraphed their move with fast and furious, and you still fell for the charade at Sandy Hook?

10. Brad says:

If the other parts of the Daily Mail story are accurate, the weapon mistake in the Daily Mail story is exactly the kind of error Adam Lanza used to point out in wikipedia.

Speaking of, it seems this post is dragging some, uh, let’s say “interesting” folks out of the woodwork!

11. Chris Watson says:

I’m usually a pit bull in your corner here but, wow, here’s where I wonder ‘wtf??’

It’s been repeated more than once that Lanza used pistols and not the Bushmaster and the Coroner’s report did not report .223 in the rounds used to shoot the kids.

Making me wonder here, brother, making me wonder… :\

• Tucker says:

Making me wonder also. Cass Sunstein is on record as saying that the government should hire disinfo agents and plant false stories and spread disinformation in the media and alternative media so as to help hide and coverup the evil that the government was doing.

12. Peccable says:

If you are going to read any published ‘Daily Opinion’ that’s what you’ll get, opinion not facts.

13. BD says:

I remember when the shooting happened. For at least a full day, the media reported that it was handguns. When I got home from work that night, My non-shooting wife asked me what a “SIG” was. Then the story changed to the AR-15.

Bob, you know your way around firearms.

You know the difference between pistol brass and 5.56 brass. Even the most firearm-ignorant police officer would have walked into that school and known which type of weapon was used by the “hundreds of rounds” of brass. The Glock and the SIG would have tossed those stubby little casing all over the place, while the AR-15 would have deposited long skinny ones in a neat pile six feet to the right rear like always. The pistol story never would have made the airwaves.

Not to mention, if he had used an AR-15, the surveillance photos would be all over the TV all day long. Every school has cameras at the entrance.

No camera still shots on TV. No photos of 5.56 brass on the classroom floor. No way that the media wouldn’t have used those to shape public opinion, unless they didn’t exist. All they had was that weird footage of the cops taking the Saiga 12 gauge out of the trunk sometime after dark. (twelve hours later and they are clearing the subject’s car? – and a cop is doing it, not an evidence tech?) The whole story stinks to high heaven.

Bob, if some type of proof was released about the AR-15, please share it. I haven’t seen it.

• roger u says:

The lack of crimescene photos and video seemed odd to me, also. I would think the media would be all over those.

The media claimed pistols, one time. the media also claimed the shooter was Ryan Lanza, that the shooters mother worked at the school, then was a volunteer at the school, and several other “facts” that turned out to be entirely false.

CT State Police

14. Real Deal says:

I don’t know what is the truth TBH, I read several reports early on that handguns were used and that the AR was found in the trunk. Then it suddenly changed to him using an AR-15 and it has been that way ever since.

Now I realize I could be wrong here but it seems awful convienient for the subsequent strong push for legisaltion banning semi-automatic rifles for civilians. As you probably already know that a very small amount of people are killed with a rifle of any type in any given year. Yet we have legislation banning the very rifle most would use to resist government tyranny. As we’ve seen elsewhere this administration is not above lying, intimidation, and even accessory to murder (Fast and Furious) to achieve it’s agenda. Look at the Zimmerman case, it wouldn’t have gone to trial if it wasn’t for this administration.

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”

• Right_2_Bear says:

“I haven’t seen any oficial documents like coroner reports, surveillance footage, or evidence photos to support either version.”

Exactly, and there’s the problem. All this effort to hide the details in order to supposedly protect the feelings of the public creates a ripe environment for distrust and governmental corruption.

I believe that the AR was used. There must be 100’s of people privy to the details of the shooting. If there was a conspiracy to lay blame on “assault rifles” when actually only handguns were used, this would be mighty tough to keep under wraps for long.

• Real Deal says:

Under normal circumstances I’d agree 100% with the last sentence. Thing is R2B that this administration isn’t above using intimidation to achieve its goals, and it isn’t above sacrificing people either as has been proven in Benghazi, with Seal Team Six, and with Fast and Furious. Add to that a MSM that is compliant and what would a whistle blower do? Go to the press? They would just discredit that person as a crazy pro-gun conspiracy kook.

That is the most horrible thing about the current situation, the press is the lap dogs and cheerleaders for the Obama administration. They like others, Congress & the Supreme Court, have abandoned their duty to be a check on executive power and overreach.

15. smitty says:

And still we wait-cobwebs forming-and wait…

…for the findings as to what psychotropic drug(s) may have been in Lanza’s blood…

as well as release of videos (the Sandy Hook school had video camera systems…) that would show the shooter and the weapons used.

I too, remember reports throughout that day that handguns were used…

The truth is an elusive thing these days.

16. Rock says:

Unfortunately, we really don’t know what the facts are in this shooting. I would hypothesize that if the facts and evidence supported additional gun legislation, they would have been made available or leaked. So it is more than curious that we have yet, to my knowledge, to see anything that would support that the Bushmaster AR-15 was used at Sandy Hook. A pile of long neck brass… or the door that he apparently shot through, would make good non-grizzly photographs that could have been used to shape public opinion. So why then, didn’t they use them?

• Jake says:

I totally agree Rock. We don’t know the facts. I think if an AR was used, that would have been completely exploited by the media to shape public opinion. The only fact we know for sure is that we will never know for sure what was used. Sorry Bob but I just can’t side with you on this one.

Are you even remotely serious? They pounded relentless on the fact that an Bushmaster AR-15 was used. From Barack Obama to Joe Biden on down, they hammered AR-15s as “weapons of war” and used it to push through NY SAFE, as well as gun control in CT, CO, and MD.

Where have you been?

17. Lurker says:

I recall seeing a video of officers pulling what looked to be a Saiga 12 out of the trunk of Lanza’s car.

NBC reported later that 4 pistols were used, that an AR-15 was left in the car. Am I wrong, or is the charging handle on a Bushmaster AR-15 (or any AR-15) mounted on the rear of the gun, not the right side. It seems from the video that the charging handle was on the right side, consistent with an AK-style weapon.

Interesting thing about the video. The supposed medical examiner at the press conference stated that the gunshot wounds were consistent with the “long rifle,” but he had an incredible lack of detail, especially regarding caliber.