I’m not dead yet

Written By: Bob - Aug• 26•13

I’m a pretty rotten blog host. I picked up on that a little while ago when I got a “miss you” email from one of you guys, wishing me well on my future. Then I realized it has been almost a week since I’ve posted anything, which is close to being as long as I’ve ever been away from this little corner of the interwebs.

Do I feel like a heel? Yes, I do.

But not totally.

I’ve been busting my butt for the the past couple of weeks, learning my new gig, picking up technology and tools (both hardware and software), doing some recruiting, and working with experts to get “things” to a certain level, all of which must be done before I can tell you what I’m doing now (which I think you’ll dig).

Confused yet? Hang in there a while longer. I think you’re going to find it all quite cool when it all comes together.

1. Mike says:

I just keep checking. Know how the work thing goes and recall your sit a few months ago so with this explanation sir, I applaud you!

Take the time you need to secure your future and get back to this blogging thing when you can.

2. SonofLiberty says:

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!! I knew you had not abandoned us. With all those prayers going up for you a few weeks ago i figured that He would amply bless you and your family. Continued blessings and success to you, Sir.

3. Patrick Chester says:

So… you don’t want to go in the cart?

4. Cole says:

Looking forward to hearing what the big mystery is. Good luck with everything.

OT: You’ve said before you were a HALO fan. Any thoughts on Destiny, the new game from Bungie?

• Cole says:

Also, how is the three sisters garden doing? Haven’t had an update since June.

The “three sisters” came and went. I need to do more research next year. The beans I planted were too powerful for the corn plants, and pulled them down (but not until after I’d harvested most of the corn). I think I over-planted the squash; only the cashaw came up at all, and only two of those. I also need to find a way to defeat squash beetles and Japanese beetles organically, as they were tearing my up my bean plants.

The butternut squash in my wife’s garden did really well, as are the sweet potatoes and the roma tomatoes and the peppers I planted. I’m dehydrating a lot of the peppers and tomatoes. The coons ate everything behind the fence, and didn’t bother scaling over it, so I guess the sacrificial garden did its job.

• Cole says:

Thanks for the update.

5. Steve Skubinna says:

Okay, so we’ll just wait… over here in the corner…

Say, could you do me a favor? Call my Mom and tell her I may be a little late?

6. Tom Kelley says:

Best wishes on the new gig, interested to hear the details when you can post about it.

7. Survival Skvez says:

That’s good to know, some of us were beginning to wonder.

I don’t think it’s too paranoid to worry that some of the alternative media might disappear in unexpected and unexplained ways.

8. John Cunningham says:

I was getting worried you might be sick, Bob. good to read that it was job related stuff. take your time, you are worth waiting for. you could consider adding a blog buddy to pitch in and keep new stuff going up…

9. Gus Bailey says:

Well you did mention that new job thing, but then again Gilliam did have a cough.

I guess we can be patient.

10. louielouie says:

congrats on the job, and good luck with that butt thing.

11. Right_2_Bear says:

12. Catseye says:

NO problem Bob we realize you’ve been busy. I had to go thru the data cram for a new job earlier this year myself. Trying to learn 50 zillion things all at once isn’t easy. Good luck and Best wishes!

First things first!

“Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

14. parker says:

Its all cool Bob. Life is change, although there is nothing new under the sun. I’m 65 and whenever I think I’ve got it all figured out life delivers a knuckleball and I’m way head on my swing.

15. thesouthwasrght says:

this is worse than a crack dealer hanging up the cleats…..

16. Old Dog says:

It has not slowed down your Tweeting so we know you are alive! :)