LOL. I was just “fired” by Infolinks.

Written By: Bob - Feb• 20•14

I just got this via email from Infolinks, a company that posted advertising here for over two years:

…upon a scheduled review of your website our Quality Assurance Team found that there are multiple gun-related posts under bob-owens.com . I’m afraid that since we cannot approve such content to our network we were forced to close your account accordingly.

Be assured that all earnings accumulated during January and until today will be issued to you by April 15th, with accordance to our Terms of Service.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Regards,

The Infolinks Team
support@infolinks.com
www.infolinks.com

It’s certainly their right to refuse to do business with the 1/3 of Americans who own firearms and respect the entire Bill of Rights. I don’t see such an attitude as recipe for long term success, however.

I wonder how much business he would lose if those of us who believe in the 2nd amendment quit doing business with all of his customers?

Never going to a infolinks posted ad again is definitely on my list now.

2. Citizen says:

infolinks.com = what constitution?

Thanks,useful information.

3. Orion says:

Upon an unscheduled review of your policies our Quality Assurance Team found that there is evidence of extensive statist and anti-Constitutional beliefs under infolinks.com . I’m afraid that since we cannot approve such content to any thinking being we were forced to stop doing any business with anyone foolish enough to do business with you.

Be assured that neither I, nor anyone I can convince, will ever do business with you or your clients again and shall happily spend my dollars elsewhere, with accordance to our Terms of Service.

We wish you the worst of luck in your future endeavors, statist scum.

Regards,

The Orion Team

4. Shay Klapper says:

Hi Bob,

This is Shay from Infolinks, I just wanted to clarify that
    removing gun-related content from the Infolinks marketplace is not a matter of choice by Infolinks or a statement about the 2nd Amendment. It is simply a reflection of the fact that the Interactive Advertising Bureau, which sets up standard contract language between advertisers and the places they purchase media from, dictates that certain kinds of content are not suitable for advertising, including this type.

Infolinks must follow these guidelines or the company will no longer be able to attract national advertisers to purchase media on the company’s publisher marketplace.

Thank you for the understanding and we would love to monetize any other content you create.

Shay

• AT says:

Good luck with that, “Shay”…..

• aerodawg says:

All that means is that you AND the IAB suck. From now on I make 100% sure that you get not one single click through from me.

And if I was Bob, I would affiliate with you people on anything else if you were the last advertisers on Earth.

• Kirk Parker says:

Nice attempt at buck-passing, but it doesn’t really work. Rather, it just raises the question, “Then why are you associated with such a dubious organization?”

• Mark L says:

So, Shay Klapper, if the Interactive Advertising Bureau required you to have a double-orchidectomy you would cheerfully do that, too?

Or in the case of you and Infolinks, I guess that would be unnecessary. You seem to lack them anyway.